+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Martellus Bennett Aspires To Be The Best Tight End In The League

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Martellus Bennett figures his home could be called the Blockbuster for game film. The Giants tight end picks up a half-dozen DVDs from the team’s video staff each week, a reel of each block and catch made by each player at his position around the league.

Bennett prefers to watch on his couch, eating salt & vinegar chips as he learns from his peers. He studies some of the NFL’s big-bodied receivers, too, like Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall.

But one of the most interesting DVD sets in Bennett’s living room is from March. After signing with the Giants early in free agency, Bennett said one of the first things he did was ask for several full seasons of film of one of the most talented tight ends ever to play for the Giants: Jeremy Shockey." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope those Shockey videos are specially cut to exclude sideline and parking lot footage.

Love to see a break out game this week!

Touchdown Cruz. Bennett waves arms in disgust, "I was open, man."

You can say what you want but Jeremy Shockey is still number 2 all time tight end behind Mark Bavaro
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can say what you want but Jeremy Shockey is still number 2 all time tight end behind Mark Bavaro
    Well then, he should be watching Mark Bavaro tapes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Well then, he should be watching Mark Bavaro tapes instead.
    I think I'll let Bennett decide