+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Hopes Second Time Playing Dallas Ends Differently

Giants' David Wilson Hopes Second Time Playing Dallas Ends Differently

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/28/...s-differently/

Excerpt: "It was against the Dallas Cowboys in week one that New York Giants running back David Wilson made the one mistake that a rookie can't make, especially playing for Tom Coughlin. He fumbled the ball in the red zone, costing the Giants crucial points. Since that incident, Wilson hasn't seen the field much at the running back position until recently. One of Coughlin's biggest pet peeves is fumbling the ball, and if you're guilty of doing so, you may end up in the dog house, which Wilson discovered. But Wilson isn't seeking any redemption against Dallas, just a win.

“I just hope we win,” Wilson said. “That’s the main thing. We lost the last time we played.

Tomorrow's game is a chance to show Dallas what he could have done if he didn't fumble early in the game, but Wilson insists he's not focused on that. He said he's unsure whether the fumble in the first game has affected his playing time at all this season, but he admits it's a possibility.“Maybe,” Wilson said. “Only the coaches know that.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

love that quote about just winning. he's not playing the ME game. But deep down you have to know he has it in his head. Could be good or bad. His role is different now [depending on how healthy Bradshaw is today] so he just has to get his on those kick offs and make them pay by giving us great field position.

The guy IS going to have a breakout game this season I can feel it. He's been super close with all of those great returns vs. Philly. And then again in San Fran with that big return to kick off the second half. But I can see him getting in the endzone a couple of times in one. Hope it's today.

He just needs to be patient and keep doing the great job he has been on returns
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Agreed. I meant to say I think he can find the endzone on his returns. He has been pretty darn good in that department. For now it's all about B and B in the run game

just want to point out wilson fumbled outside the redzone, not in it...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    just want to point out wilson fumbled outside the redzone, not in it...
    Yeah, it was quite a ways down the field, if I remember correctly.

Great research by the writer.

we were going in... just outside the green zone... he fumbled at the 27 of dallas...points were left off the board for sure because of it

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He just needs to be patient and keep doing the great job he has been on returns
    Very true, seems like he has some growing up to do (crying, talking about hall of fame expectations) but when he does he should be a great contributor.

ALL-IN!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I don't know. I think the Kid has shown a great deal of Maturity so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I don't know. I think the Kid has shown a great deal of Maturity so far this season.
    He's going to develop into a star

# 80

+ Reply to Thread