+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With DRC not getting a contract do you think the Giants should Pursue him at CB

I don't like to be "that guy" when it comes to FA's, but ... Dominic-Rogers Cromartie appears to be a UFA in 2013...with a chance the Eagles franchise tag him...anyone think we should ditch Webster for this guy? We need a good veteran talent at CB and with the young talent we have I think he can be a nice acquisition for us. Not sure how our cap situation will shake out (especially with Cruz and Nicks, among others not signed longterm)so I am just shooting from the hip here.

I think Webster has long peaked and unless we can keep him on the cheap then he will likely be gone for 2013. We need a QUALITY veteran corner...Coe is nothing like that!

Any thoughts?

It would make sense.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Can't see it happening. First, I could see the Eagles keeping him, also the Giants have other concerns with our own free agents after the season is over. Ex Cruz, Beatty, Tynes, Phillips, Etc...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It would make sense.
    Not for what he would cost rudster

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Not for what he would cost rudster
    Webster has a cap hit of almost 10 million a year, that's money for a top cornerback

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Webster has a cap hit of almost 10 million a year, that's money for a top cornerback
    That's money that could be going to Cruz and Nicks contract. I love what Webster has done for our org, but their are younger options that are doing a better job than him.

We've drafted Prince, and Hosley. I think we follow the drafting trend, because top CBs are crippling to a cap. I think Webster will take a considerable pay cut, and we will draft someone.

In a word, no
    In two words, hell no!
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    No. The Giants are going to have to cut and re structure just to keep some of their own next year.

Veteran
    Wont happen, but it would be an excellent addition. Prince and Hosley are showing flashes of being really good corners or so it would appear. Webby, I don't know if it's just injuries, or a combination of injuries or just slowing down in general, but he's not getting younger, and we'll have to start looking at some point for another solid CB for the coming years. Who knows webster I feel should have at least a couple good years left in him, but he's having a pretty terrible year so far.