+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

A Good question for anyone.

We saw Eli make a miracle pass to tyree in super bowl 42
    We saw Eli make a precise pass to Manningham in super bowl 46

Both with pressure bearing down his throat
    Both in the fourth quarter 42' with 1:15 left to go / 46' with 3:45 left to go.

Now I am pretty sure in one way we have all defended the LUCKY play/player argument from rival fans either on a message board or in real life.
    But what have we found out about Eli that we probably didn't know back in 2007, Eli is clutch and Eli is most clutch in the 4th quarter.

So here is my question, While i understand there is some form of luck in football. Look at the plays made and then the plays made after to get us the win, or get us down the field to win. Is it really luck? was it really a miracle? or was it Eli showing us he can be clutch then in 07 and then solidifying that notion in 2011?

Just a thought happy game day folks, be safe. I luckily escaped a Tsunami in Hawaii now I'm TDY in Baltimore waiting for hurricane sandy... my life is clutch.

GO GIANTS
    go falcons
    go steelers

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

That throw to Tyree was aimed, it wasn't a hail mary.

Clutch every day of the week and TWICE on Sundays

and as for the not nowing in 2007..I don't know about anyone else but that Denver game in his first full year as NY's starter where Eli threw the back peddling go ahead TD pass to Toomer after being down I believe 12 late.. that's when I knew he was clutch. And then the game in Philly in 06? Unforgettable games. This guy always had it. Still does. And he ain't done yet not by a long shot.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eLi MusT gO dEEp View Post
    Clutch every day of the week and TWICE on Sundays

and as for the not nowing in 2007..I don't know about anyone else but that Denver game in his first full year as NY's starter where Eli threw the back peddling go ahead TD pass to Toomer after being down I believe 12 late.. that's when I knew he was clutch. And then the game in Philly in 06? Unforgettable games. This guy always had it. Still does. And he ain't done yet not by a long shot.
    Yeah i remember that, for me I thought it was just a well designed play, great execution. Personally I didn't realize he was clutch until that Ice bowl game.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

Now I am pretty sure in one way we have all defended the LUCKY play/player argument from rival fans either on a message board or in real life.
    But what have we found out about Eli that we probably didn't know back in 2007, Eli is clutch and Eli is most clutch in the 4th quarter.

So here is my question, While i understand there is some form of luck in football. Look at the plays made and then the plays made after to get us the win, or get us down the field to win. Is it really luck? was it really a miracle? or was it Eli showing us he can be clutch then in 07 and then solidifying that notion in 2011?

Just a thought happy game day folks, be safe. I luckily escaped a Tsunami in Hawaii now I'm TDY in Baltimore waiting for hurricane sandy... my life is clutch.

GO GIANTS
    go falcons
    go steelers
    1st let me just say that if you are at Hickam AFB and you mention the term "TDY" you are probably a member of our armed forces!

if you are thank you for your service to this country!

as far as Eli i started to know he was "clutch" during the season of 07! the way he brought the Giants through the playoffs (as Road Warriors) was clutch!

and hes been that way ever since imo!

I bet all of those teams win today. This could be a good day, as long as the Giants do some damage.

Is this conversation really necessary any more?
    This sounds like material for the Packers and Niners and Patriots boards.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    His stats aren't pretty, but he's definitely brought a lot of excitement to the game. 4th quarter comebacks, close games, are what people like to see. Our Super Bowl games were certainly more exciting than some of the past ones.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

GO GIANTS
    go falcons
    go steelers
    I call it playing good football. Amen

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That throw to Tyree was aimed, it wasn't a hail mary.
    Yeah it definitely wasn't a prayer. I'd imagine WRs are taught to come back on their routes when the play gets extended via a scramble. Eli and Tyree were on the same page, the pass was high but it obviously was still catchable lol.