+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Our D is ok, but we need it great

I am really tired of this porous defense. We need it to be more physical, stout, and stingy period. We drafted only two defensive players this year. I think we need to sign some defensive players, and draft some young studs at DE, CB, and safety. I want every overpaid veteran in this team to be worried about his job - I a talking about you Tuck, Bernard, Rolle, Blackburn, and Webster. Maybe you'll play back up to your old levels or we find someone who will play better and hungrier than you at half the cost. This is New York Giants country. We don't settle for a good defense.

The problem is the defensive calling. so little pass rushing, sure got a few sacks and jacked up the Cowboys plays..... still fewell scares me.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

plenty of turnovers, they shouldnt have been on the field that long was the problem. 3 andout and fg's

Defense got some turnovers but still had a bad game in my opinion. They couldn't cover anyone. We are certainly very lucky Felix Jones ran into his own guy and put the ball on the ground, because we probably don't win otherwise.

They had three receivers with over 100 yards. Pathetic. Prince and Hosley were terrible today. Austin and Whitten were open all day.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Defense got some turnovers but still had a bad game in my opinion. They couldn't cover anyone. We are certainly very lucky Felix Jones ran into his own guy and put the ball on the ground, because we probably don't win otherwise.

They had three receivers with over 100 yards. Pathetic. Prince and Hosley were terrible today. Austin and Whitten were open all day.
    They held their own-Prince and Jayron. They gave up yards, but Romo also threw the ball 62 times. Teams and QBs throw it this much because the rules favor QBs, and its a passing league. The sad thing is that shutdown corners will be a thing of the past. Yards will be given up. They did hold Romo to a very low completion % for him. Look at the stats.

Anyway, the important thing is our young DBs got some invaluable experience today, and learned. They didnt get their confidence broken, but I think they actually gained a lot of insight and baptism by fire. Because of this, I think Prince and Jayron will be getting better with each and every week, Going up against Austin, Bryant, and Witten is no joke.

But before it is all said and done, I think our young DBs will be getting their paws fitted for another ring, while them "'Boys" watch us win our 5th Lombardi Trophy on their stadium jumbotron.

Veteran
    Those 6 turnovers were so annoying - ugh damn defense.

And no they don't need to be great cause usually are offense is - just not on this day.

Gilbride called the game way to conservative what are we the NY Jets. Is it just me or does everyone get nervous when somebody throws deep. How are these guys getting behind the defense in the last seconds of the game.

Veteran
    Rushed 28 times threw 29 - pretty balanced - not all that conservative.

hosely was getting flagged for bs. the refs were tryig to hand dallas the game. the 3 penalties they called on hoesly were legit penalties on austin and it was obvious too...
    austin burned hosely on the double move post a bunch, he shoulda got more help. and how pf doesnt play witten like we do v.davis ill never understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    plenty of turnovers, they shouldnt have been on the field that long was the problem. 3 andout and fg's
    I'll agree that the Cowboy comeback wouldn't have mattered if those FGs were TDs, but you can't tell me that you aren't concerned with the way Whitten and the rest of the Dallas TEs owned us. Atlanta is going to have a field day!