+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting read about the Cowboys game...

The Giants started at 41,37,37,26, and 43 yards and they came up with just 15 points if they score only two td's that game is not close I'm just saying we can play the what if game too. The fact is when it came down to winning Eli didn't make the mistake and the defense made the stops and Romo made mistakes and your defense didn't make the stops when they needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    People want to blame Gilbride, and he has his faults, but this is more Coughlin's way of doing things when this team has a big lead. I'm not going to bash a 2 time SB winning HC, but this has always been my pet peeve of the old guy. He would be RIGHT that we need to play more conservative IF we had the running game we once had....we don't have that anymore. We need to stay aggressive and step on thier necks. Play to OUR strengths. Trust Eli.....I believe the risk vs reward is in our favor. This team plays afraid to lose when it has the lead.

The good news is, we DIDN'T lose this one. Usually we do!!

Oh....I'm all for seeing what Brown can do with more carries.
    We shouldn't confuse criticism with bashing. saying that Gilbride is predictable is a fact and the fact remains that Coughlin is not stepping in to fix it. Same with the defense. Yeah he guided the Giants to 2 SB's but the bigger issue is that his stubbornness has led also to some monumental failures. Our running game last year was almost last in the NFL and this year we are on par towards the bottom. I am not sure why he is not using the available personnel effectively. This team has way to much talent but it is not playing up to its potential on a consistent basis. You never know which team will show up on any given Sunday. That is a coaching issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    The Giants started at 41,37,37,26, and 43 yards and they came up with just 15 points if they score only two td's that game is not close I'm just saying we can play the what if game too. The fact is when it came down to winning Eli didn't make the mistake and the defense made the stops and Romo made mistakes and your defense didn't make the stops when they needed to.
    The Cowboys defense didn't make stops when they needed to but yet the Giants had to 'settle for FGs'... how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The Cowboys defense didn't make stops when they needed to but yet the Giants had to 'settle for FGs'... how does that work?
    when they needed to stop the Giants 24-23 in the 4th and they let the Giants drive twice down the field and score. When the game is that close that is the difference between winning and losing. I guess you wouldn't get that cause your team is 3-4 and constantly giving games away. But hey congrats on the moral victory. The Giants didn't need TD's there to take the lead they played smart at the end and won. I'm just saying your team didn't give us anything we came into your house put you in a hole and it was to big for you guys to get out of and we won. It's that simple.

Both defenses played very well. The Dallas D was stuck defending bad field position for most of the 1st half and you can't really blame them too much for their offense's ineptitude in the beginning of the game. The Giants D might of allowed a ton of yardage in the air but astute observers realized that the Giants were playing a relatively soft zone coverage to not allow the Cowboys to regain the lead so fast.

The Giants offense met it's match yet again versus the Cowboys D but I'd say the Giants stubbornness to run on the right side of the line with Locklear when it obviously wasn't working helped the Cowboys D slightly. Seriously, Betty was doing better run blocking - go to the left more...

Great game by both defenses.

The final score is all I care about and all that matters! We Giants fans already know what a rout it SHOULD have been, but everything wrong with the Giants that game is fixable, unlike Tony Romo!
    You can't fix CHOKE when it's in the Cowgirls' DNA. Im not talking about the almost game winning TD that wasn't or the 18 completions to Witten, I'm talking about those killer turnovers that they always seem to commit every game to do themselves in.
    That they ALMOST won is irrelevant....the fact is they DIDN'T!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 11-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

Ah.. the old logic angle, eh? I'll have you know that this type of analysis is not welcome here.

Good day, sir.

+ Reply to Thread