+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gillbride's "game plan" was just bizarre today. No other way to describe it.

You can talk about execution all you want and to a certain extent I may agree with you.

but not today

What could possibly be the explanation for what we saw today???

The run game is averaging 6 yards a pop, he abandons it early on.

Then it's down field, down field down field. It becomes quickly evident that it's not working but does he make even the slightest adjustment? NOPE

This "game plan" Killbride somehow dreamed up was like watching an 11 year old play Madden on Xbox and just pick the hail mary over and over again.

How could anyone defend this? I think the guy has lost his mind.

Re: Gillbride's "game plan" was just bizarre today. No other way to describe it.

When I clicked this I was all set to disagree with you. But you have a really valid point. Even after Eli was 0 for 6 or whatever he was, Gilbride could have and should have had some short passing to get this offense in some kind of rhythm. The point about the running game is valid also, I have no idea what happened there.

If this team doesn't go 2-0 these last two weeks and make some noise in the playoffs, I'm ready for a wholesale coaching change.

Re: Gillbride's "game plan" was just bizarre today. No other way to describe it.

[quote user="Firenugget"]When I clicked this I was all set to disagree with you. But you have a really valid point. Even after Eli was 0 for 6 or whatever he was, Gilbride could have and should have had some short passing to get this offense in some kind of rhythm. The point about the running game is valid also, I have no idea what happened there.

If this team doesn't go 2-0 these last two weeks and make some noise in the playoffs, I'm ready for a wholesale coaching change.
    [/quote]

Eli pretty much gave Gilbride up in his post-game yesterday.....said they prepped for things all week that they didn't see at all.......that falls on coaching right? And if that's the case you make adjustments.....they didn't.Checkhis post-game interviewin the media section.

Difference was the Redskins were calling plays to pick up 3rd and 17's......3rd and 14's......3rd and 12's.......the Giants were calling plays on 3rd and 17 to pick up 5 yards......a Manningham screen pass a yard behind the line?!?!?!? I'm done with KG......

I was just scratching my head at the play calling...I was like...are you kidding me?

4th qtr, down by 13, under a minute left to go, let's RUN THE BALL

Is Killdrive a closet iggles or cows fan!?!?!?!

With under a minute left and down by 2 tds in the 4th, abandon the run and air it out so we can get some dignity points
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"]You can talk about execution all you want and to a certain extent I may agree with you.

but not today

What could possibly be the explanation for what we saw today???

The run game is averaging 6 yards a pop, he abandons it early on.

Then it's down field, down field down field. It becomes quickly evident that it's not working but does he make even the slightest adjustment? NOPE

This "game plan" Killbride somehow dreamed up was like watching an 11 year old play Madden on Xbox and just pick the hail mary over and over again.

How could anyone defend this? I think the guy has lost his mind.[/quote]

KG started calling a lot of pass plays once we were down 3 scores?

I'm aghast!

P.S. - This one is on the players.

P.P.S. - That and Fewell sucks.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

We came out and threw the ball 3 times on the first drive... 3 and out... Then they knew we were going to run the ball the next drive out...
    I think the WRs cost us that game alone... Eli threw some perfect balls and the WRs just couldnt catch...

Bottomline KK is just horrible...

Every WR route is over 15 yards... 3rd down we throw the ball long EVERY time... Guy is a freakin joke..
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

[quote user="Firenugget"]When I clicked this I was all set to disagree with you. But you have a really valid point. Even after Eli was 0 for 6 or whatever he was, Gilbride could have and should have had some short passing to get this offense in some kind of rhythm. The point about the running game is valid also, I have no idea what happened there.

[/quote]

Eli pretty much gave Gilbride up in his post-game yesterday.....said they prepped for things all week that they didn't see at all.......that falls on coaching right? And if that's the case you make adjustments.....they didn't.Checkhis post-game interviewin the media section.

Difference was the Redskins were calling plays to pick up 3rd and 17's......3rd and 14's......3rd and 12's.......the Giants were calling plays on 3rd and 17 to pick up 5 yards......a Manningham screen pass a yard behind the line?!?!?!? I'm done with KG......

[/quote]

The only time we'll throw down field for 17 or more yards on 3rd down is when we need only 3 or 4 yards for a first.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]We came out and threw the ball 3 times on the first drive... 3 and out... Then they knew we were going to run the ball the next drive out...
    I think the WRs cost us that game alone... Eli threw some perfect balls and the WRs just couldnt catch...

Bottomline KK is just horrible...

Every WR route is over 15 yards... 3rd down we throw the ball long EVERY time... Guy is a freakin joke..[/quote]

You do realize that coming into the game we were the 7th ranked offense in the NFL right?

That and KG's offense has put up more points then any two previous OCs combined?

You armchair guys kill me.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="BlueJayC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The only time we'll throw down field for 17 or more yards on 3rd down is when we need only 3 or 4 yards for a first.

[/quote]

Ha! Hysterical....and sadly it's also the truth.