+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else concerned about the offense?

The Giants snuck out a victory today in a game that should have been put away long before it got to it. I'll take the win BUT... since the second half of the 49ers game the offense hasn't moved the ball through the air. Eli only completed I think 2 passes that half after having over 170 yards in the 1st half and finishing with 193...Against the Redskins they were off again and if not for the late TD with a minute left the passing offense is left with only a couple of int's, no TD's and a loss...and against the Cowboys today the same thing. Romo had four Int's and the same QB rating as Eli with a 58.3.

I know the Giants won and that's all that matters but that's not what I'm asking here. I want to know if anyone has noticed the dip in the production, the play calling and more importantly...if anyone is concerned about it?
    Last edited by titwio; 10-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.

All-Pro
    They have been bad in the red zone all year and Dallas has a very good defense. I'm just as concerned with the defense right now.

im not concerned one bit.

We will have to wait for a while to see cause one game means nothing unless one may make a prediction.

Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Also worth mentioning is in the last 3 games Eli has gone under 200 yards passing twice after after being the second player all time in consecutive 200 yard game streaks.

ELi Manning's TD/TO ratio is 12/8...Not exactly stellar when people here are talking MVP.
    Last edited by titwio; 10-28-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Yes I am concerned there is no ..No reason ehy Eli shouldn't have more TD's and less int. KG has to realize this is a passing team now and you cannot run on 1st down everytime. We had the Cowboys down 23-0 and all the weapons we have we go on to score 6 points that is pathetic. Sometimes I wish Eli would just say screw KG I'm going to call what I want and I'm, going to go for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.
    Yeah, the play calling wasn't bad overall (I have a couple complaints, but nothing too serious), but we just couldn't get things going today, even outside the red zone.

No.

I'm guessing because we can't run effectively, the pass isn't quite there..