+ Reply to Thread

Bennett's drop/Final 3rd dwn

To me that was HUGE. we're 27-0 if he makes that catch and no way Dallas rallies from that. The constant settling for FG's gave them a little life, knowing 2 scores gets them back in it. (i.e. the Shockey dropped TD in the wildcard game at SF. 42 vs. 38 pts at that point was big. gave the 9ers life) Ahmad's fumble in the 2nd qtr also took likely pts off the board, or at least time and field position, but you give him one, since he never puts it on the ground.

Finally. before the snap, I'd texted everyone I know, that the giants should throw for that last 3rd down, when Ahmad came up inches short. I know the pass game struggled. but, you have to trust your ELIte qb and make a play to finish the game. everyone in Dallas knew it would be a run. almost came back to bite us big time.

very relieved, but Steelers won't self destruct if we play like that. Nor will GB, even the Saints, or Redskins or Ravens.

I like Bennett but he's going to drop a few from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    To me that was HUGE. we're 27-0 if he makes that catch and no way Dallas rallies from that. The constant settling for FG's gave them a little life, knowing 2 scores gets them back in it. (i.e. the Shockey dropped TD in the wildcard game at SF. 42 vs. 38 pts at that point was big. gave the 9ers life) Ahmad's fumble in the 2nd qtr also took likely pts off the board, or at least time and field position, but you give him one, since he never puts it on the ground.

Finally. before the snap, I'd texted everyone I know, that the giants should throw for that last 3rd down, when Ahmad came up inches short. I know the pass game struggled. but, you have to trust your ELIte qb and make a play to finish the game. everyone in Dallas knew it would be a run. almost came back to bite us big time.

very relieved, but Steelers won't self destruct if we play like that. Nor will GB, even the Saints, or Redskins or Ravens.
    Bradshaw's run should have been reviewed. That was a horrible spot. I am not sure what is the rule for challenging spots under Two minutes but that was a home call spot if I ever saw one.

It's just proof that all you have to do is hang in there, and anything's possible.

Eli and 80 and 88 have to get it in gear here. That's two games of subpar play.

I honestly thought Bennett would be a much bigger part of the gameplan today. With Sean Lee out I was expecting the Giants to exploit the middle of the field more. The first quarter seemed to be going just like how I imagined it would offensively. Then after that Bennett was barely targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Bradshaw's run should have been reviewed. That was a horrible spot. I am not sure what is the rule for challenging spots under Two minutes but that was a home call spot if I ever saw one.
    That's on Bradshaw, he has got to find a way to make that first down.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    To me that was HUGE. we're 27-0 if he makes that catch and no way Dallas rallies from that.
    Too bad Bennett couldn't be as perfect as our receivers who have NEVER dropped a catchable ball... /sarc

he's entitled to a drop here and there. just saying that was a big one for momentum, and delivering a KO punch
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post
    Too bad Bennett couldn't be as perfect as our receivers who have NEVER dropped a catchable ball... /sarc

Quote Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post
    Correct. Cruz and Nicks had some untimely drops today.