+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I know I wasn't the only person that saw this coming. (NO KILLER INSTINCT)

It was great how our defense made plays early (thankfully). Once it got out of hand, everyone went to lunch. Generally the whole offense started their lunch break from the snap... Cannot stand the safe play calls. We did it in SF at times and again in Dallas. I saw them trying to give up just before the half, but we didnt allow it.

Then 2nd half, they all took off. Defense was aggressive, then stopped. At the end they ratcheted it up and it made a difference. Why is it so hard to have the KILLER INSTINCT ffs.... You knew once they got close, then they would play solid, but it nearly cost us a game we had after 8 mins.

Sad state of affairs, but thankfully we ran away with the win.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

I don't like to see us play like that, but if it's going to get ugly, at least we get the "W", and live to see another day.

Also hoping Blackburn is ok, and we have no significant injuries.

NEXT GAME!!

Agreed. I will take an ugly win vs an ugly lose anytime as we did last week.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    It was great how our defense made plays early (thankfully). Once it got out of hand, everyone went to lunch. Generally the whole offense started their lunch break from the snap... Cannot stand the safe play calls. We did it in SF at times and again in Dallas. I saw them trying to give up just before the half, but we didnt allow it.

Then 2nd half, they all took off. Defense was aggressive, then stopped. At the end they ratcheted it up and it made a difference. Why is it so hard to have the KILLER INSTINCT ffs.... You knew once they got close, then they would play solid, but it nearly cost us a game we had after 8 mins.

Looked to me that the defensive vacation started in the 2nd quarter, not the 2nd half.

The offense sucked the whole game.

though I agree with you for the most part, you know some of the kool aid drinking, Giants can do no wrong, homers may get upset at your post---LOL!!!

I would have liked to see more redzone TDs off of those turnovers and a better run game. But I will take the ugly win!
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Looked to me that the defensive vacation started in the 2nd quarter, not the 2nd half.

The offense sucked the whole game.
    We went to that soft zone to protect the lead.

Play Dallas man to man with safety help blitz Romo up the middle and force him to make a quick decision. Most time the defenders will pick off those quick floaters Romo likes to throw.

Starter
    I agree with you, no killer instinct and we were a matter of inches/hand/fingers of losing this game. I'll of course take the win but damn it, smell blood and go for the kill going forward.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
    We went to that soft zone to protect the lead.

Play Dallas man to man with safety help blitz Romo up the middle and force him to make a quick decision. Most time the defenders will pick off those quick floaters Romo likes to throw.
    That's what I kept screaming at the TV but no one in there would listen to me.
    Thank God For Judy!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    though I agree with you for the most part, you know some of the kool aid drinking, Giants can do no wrong, homers may get upset at your post---LOL!!!

I would have liked to see more redzone TDs off of those turnovers and a better run game. But I will take the ugly win!
    Well, I have always kept it real. Been called an Eli Homer before lol, yet I could call him out when needed. And I can do the same for this team. They did some good on the defense and ST.

Thats what put me off the most was the lack of redzone scoring. It is like they were happy to just be there and settle for 3. When they have to work for it you see some spark and progress, but when its given to them by the defense, they seem to take it easy as if they didnt work for it, so why capitalize on it.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Agreed. I will take an ugly win vs an ugly lose anytime as we did last week.
    I'd take an 'ugly win' over a 'pretty loss' as well.