+ Reply to Thread

Veteran

Re: Now up for bid, Steve Spagnuolo

[quote user="victhang"]http://www.northjersey.com/sports/135843148_Now_up_for_bid__Spags_as_coordinator.htm l[/quote]

I heard Spags is not getting fired

Giants better outbid Philly if Spags chooses Philly then oh well. But we better give him more money than Philly. Do whatever it takes

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="victhang"]http://www.northjersey.com/sports/135843148_Now_up_for_bid__Spags_as_coordinator.htm l[/quote]

I heard Spags is not getting fired[/quote]

From you barber's brother's uncle?

Show class, be a Giants fan.

I"d give him the HC job, if needed. Maybe he'd do better with a lot more talent. That is, assuming, that the Giants actually have as much talent as we thought they had.

We need to overpay the hell out of him. He knows how to maximize the talent of his players.

He will actually blitz his LBs. He will actually force JR to sign FA to fill the position as he needs it for his defense.

Giving him JPP to play with will just be fodder for his schemes.

I WANT SPAGS HERE. JR, make it happen and this dreadful season will not have been in vane.

Veteran

Only shot would be if Spags is designated as the next HC. I don't see the front office doing that.

Otherwise, I look for Philly to simply out-hustle the Giants on this.

The best scenario would be if Coughlin notifies the front office that this is his final season, but that's a pipe dream, too.

[quote user="JMFP2"]Only shot would be if Spags is designated as the next HC. I don't see the front office doing that.

Otherwise, I look for Philly to simply out-hustle the Giants on this.

The best scenario would be if Coughlin notifies the front office that this is his final season, but that's a pipe dream, too.[/quote]

Well, Coughlin has 1 year left on contract. We could guarantee Spags the HC job after the following year, assuming our defense improves.

It also comes down to the FO believing it's a scheming issue and not a talent issue on defense.