+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

would you want TC to stay IF.....................

mara tell's him to get a new oc and dc.... i now hate fewell more than i hate gilbride and ive loathed gilbride for years
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Re: would you want TC to stay IF.....................

[quote user="ryan12"]mara tell's him to get a new oc and dc.... i now hate fewell more than i hate gilbride and ive loathed gilbride for years[/quote]

why would TC want to stay, given his resume and tenure, if he's told who to work with? I certainly wouldn't.

how do you evaluate him then? Whose responsibility is the play of the team when you start dictating who he can hire/fire?

i think coughlin is a great coach, and that any replaement we get will only be as good at best, or a significant downgrade at worst, but likehis coordinators or not, the buck stops with coughlin.

he's earned the right to decide who he works with, and the tradeoff is we can evaluate him on that basis.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="ryan12"]mara tell's him to get a new oc and dc.... i now hate fewell more than i hate gilbride and ive loathed gilbride for years[/quote]

why would TC want to stay, given his resume and tenure, if he's told who to work with?* I certainly wouldn't.

how do you evaluate him then?* Whose responsibility is the play of the team when you start dictating who he can hire/fire?

i think coughlin is a great coach, and that any replaement we get will only be as good at best, or a significant downgrade at worst, but like*his coordinators or not, the buck stops with coughlin.

he's earned the right to decide who he works with, and the tradeoff is we can evaluate him on that basis.

[/quote]As much as it kills me to do so in this arguement, I agree with CDN_G-FAN...Not because I don't like this poster but I absolutely hate these coordinators...I don't think Coughlin should be castrated by the Maras...the Maras have to judge everything under the Tom Coughlin umbrella and determine if TC's tenure continues or ends. I like TC a lot. I am sure the powers above TC will express their approval/disapproval of his system and share what they really saw as weakness and strengths. Whether TC stays or not will fall on what his outlook is from here and whether ownership and Reese agree with his direction moving forward.....however, I do indeed think TC needs support in from his coaching staff if he is staying and right now, he isn't getting that support from a game-planning perspective which results in a lack of player support on the field...and thus fan support from the stands and merchandise sales.

The only way i would let him stay is if........The front office has Tom and the entire staff attend a mandatory seminar called "MAKING IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS 101"
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

What do you like most about him, his lack of a personality, or his Annual Nov/Dec collapse???

His Press Conferences???

Maybe it the fact all our free agents flee like rats from a sinking ship

Or is it his principles like sitting Bradshaw til the 2nd half and almost losing to the cowboys

Or is it perfect pitch when it comes to choosing co-ordinators and then duct taping thier mouths?

Really............. what is it you guys love about this old Crumudgeon????

I thank TC for the years and the SB win... its time for him to move on and enjoy the rest of his life... he has accomplished more than alot of big time coaches and should be respected in that matter... He is a good coach but unfortunatly his days have pasted...

He is responsible for the gameplans and regardless of the Cords he has to make changes and we simply dont... Id be willing to roll the dice on a new coaching staff at this point...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him.

***OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried***

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

why would TC want to stay, given his resume and tenure, if he's told who to work with? I certainly wouldn't.

how do you evaluate him then? Whose responsibility is the play of the team when you start dictating who he can hire/fire?

i think coughlin is a great coach, and that any replaement we get will only be as good at best, or a significant downgrade at worst, but likehis coordinators or not, the buck stops with coughlin.

[/quote]As much as it kills me to do so in this arguement, I agree with CDN_G-FAN...Not because I don't like this poster but I absolutely hate these coordinators...I don't think Coughlin should be castrated by the Maras...the Maras have to judge everything under the Tom Coughlin umbrella and determine if TC's tenure continues or ends. I like TC a lot. I am sure the powers above TC will express their approval/disapproval of his system and share what they really saw as weakness and strengths. Whether TC stays or not will fall on what his outlook is from here and whether ownership and Reese agree with his direction moving forward.....however, I do indeed think TC needs support in from his coaching staff if he is staying and right now, he isn't getting that support from a game-planning perspective which results in a lack of player support on the field...and thus fan support from the stands and merchandise sales.[/quote]

i love coughlin too, but the buck stops with him.

sometimes you don't change coaches to get a better coach. Sometimes you change coaches because you need a change.

and that's dangerous, because we could find ourselves with a couple good years, but this roster has shown its not a self motivating roster, and its only a matter of time before they finda reason to tune the new messanger out as well.

Fair or not, it's a bottom line business. Coughlin knows this and he will be the last one to publicly complain about it. The coach has produced many wins and perhaps the finest hour in Giants history (SB 42).

That said, NY is on the verge of missing the playoffs for the third straight year and Coughlin has never won a single playoff game outside of 07.

For whatever reason(s), the team is locked in a cycle of starting the year strong and limping to the finish line.

I have no idea if a 7-9 finish is enough to get him canned but how many second half collapses and home meltdowns can any coach survive?

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

why would TC want to stay, given his resume and tenure, if he's told who to work with?* I certainly wouldn't.

how do you evaluate him then?* Whose responsibility is the play of the team when you start dictating who he can hire/fire?

i think coughlin is a great coach, and that any replaement we get will only be as good at best, or a significant downgrade at worst, but like*his coordinators or not, the buck stops with coughlin.

[/quote]As much as it kills me to do so in this arguement, I agree with CDN_G-FAN...Not because I don't like this poster but I absolutely hate these coordinators...I don't think Coughlin should be castrated by the Maras...the Maras have to judge everything under the Tom Coughlin umbrella and determine if TC's tenure continues or ends. I like TC a lot. I am sure the powers above TC will express their approval/disapproval of his system and share what they really saw as weakness and strengths. Whether TC stays or not will fall on what his outlook is from here and whether ownership and Reese agree with his direction moving forward.....however, I do indeed think TC needs support in from his coaching staff if he is staying and right now, he isn't getting that support from a game-planning perspective which results in a lack of player support on the field...and thus fan support from the stands and merchandise sales.[/quote]

i love coughlin too, but the buck stops with him.

sometimes you don't change coaches to get a better coach.* Sometimes you change coaches because you need a change.

and that's dangerous, because we could find ourselves with a couple good years, but this roster has shown its not a self motivating roster, and its only a matter of time before they find*a reason to tune the new messanger out as well.

[/quote]At this point I don't want TC out if we can replace at least our DC with someone that has a more (Giants) traditional style and philosophy of defense, which essentially means high-intensity/heavy pass-rush, in general. Read and react is for street football and kids modified teams.
    If that doesn't happen then I welcome the change, though reluctantly!
    As for why I like Coughlin...because he holds to principles...if you don't then you instill a major lack of discipline and, furthermore, learning/improving, as a team and an individual. Look at Ochocinco as just one example. Was never kept under wraps and therefore he sucks now that he has had to move on. Has it really hurt us? No, not really! Even if it did on occassion, it is much less so than letting the inmates run the prison.

TC's time here is over and most of us have seen enough and I hope the owners feel the same way.