+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Don't blame the defense

When you force six turnovers, the game should be a blowout, the offense did not score a touchdown off of any turnovers. This game should have been a blow out.

correction....JPP took it to the house, but the point is valid

All-Pro
    The defense certainly isn't going to remind anyone of the 86 team but 6 turnovers should lead to a blowout game. But, at the same time the offense has won their share of games when the D has played poorly. Offense will get back on track and this ugly win will soon just be a bad memory. Let's hope that begins next week!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro
    The defense was as much to blame as the offense. Just because they forced 6 turnovers doesn't mean they should give up over 400 yards passing.

Sure - but don't excuse them either.
    --80--

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense was as much to blame as the offense. Just because they forced 6 turnovers doesn't mean they should give up over 400 yards passing.
    It is the responsibility of the offense to move the ball and let the defense rest rather than giving the ball right back to the opponent. By not scoring and letting Dallas back into the game they took away the defenses ability to make Dallas one dimensional and tee off on Romo. At some point, players get tired and make mistakes.. especially when you give Dallas so much time on the field.

The defense gave up a lot of yards, but the offense couldn't stay on the field. When the defense scores as many TDs as the offense, it's a pretty safe bet that the offense was the problem.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Brown scored on that Webster interception I believe, just saying.

#80 get well soon...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    It is the responsibility of the offense to move the ball and let the defense rest rather than giving the ball right back to the opponent. By not scoring and letting Dallas back into the game they took away the defenses ability to make Dallas one dimensional and tee off on Romo. At some point, players get tired and make mistakes.. especially when you give Dallas so much time on the field. The defense gave up a lot of yards, but the offense couldn't stay on the field. When the defense scores as many TDs as the offense, it's a pretty safe bet that the offense was the problem.
    I didn't excuse the offense. The where terrible. The defense was not good either. Yes, they created turnovers, but they also couldn't stop anyone the second half. Even at the end they almost lost on two separated throws. That was horrible.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I didn't excuse the offense. The where terrible. The defense was not good either. Yes, they created turnovers, but they also couldn't stop anyone the second half. Even at the end they almost lost on two separated throws. That was horrible.
    The defense was great (6 turnovers) and horrible at the same time. But the difference is that while they gave up some big plays, I excuse that a bit because it seemed like they were on the field all day. I agree, 437 passing yards is not good... but I don't expect the D to be the best in the NFL... I do expect the offense to be much better than they were today. The D did pretty much what you would expect, then gave us the bonus of so many turnovers. The offense fell far below expectations.

Veteran
    The defense gave the offense six extra possessions, yet the offense did win the time of possession. Gilbride was getting too pretty. He should have gone back to the power offense from the 49ers game.