+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question I'm sure this is a stupid question...

...so I apologize in advance.

When we got the ball back near the end in the 4th quarter there was only like a minute plus some change left on the clock... why didn't we take a knee? I'm assuming there's a valid reason or rule that I don't know about. I tried looking it up but I can't figure it out and I feel pretty dumb.

B/c they had 3 timeouts

We ran the ball three times. That takes as much tome off the clock as a kneel down and we did get the first down, that the dallas refs took away from us.

Cowboys had time outs

Because the Cowboys had all their time outs and could therefore stop the clock three times forcing us to punt.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireStateG View Post
    ...so I apologize in advance.

When we got the ball back near the end in the 4th quarter there was only like a minute plus some change left on the clock... why didn't we take a knee? I'm assuming there's a valid reason or rule that I don't know about. I tried looking it up but I can't figure it out and I feel pretty dumb.
    Dallas had 3 timeouts

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

We didn't take a knee because we knew the Cowboys had all 3 of their timeouts remaining, and would call timeout after each snap. Consequently, though we kept the ball on the ground to keep the clock moving and force Dallas to use their timeouts, we were trying to get the one first down which would have ended the game...and cept for a horrendous ball placement, we did just that.

Ooohhh... duh. Yeah. Obviously if no time is coming off of the clock that defeats the whole purpose. So freaking logical and obvious. Thank you guys!

Its not your fault. cough(yes it is)cough
    ​​​

because I still had 4 beers left.