+ Reply to Thread

Request for Eli and Gilbride:

Guys, on Third and Short can we not attempt low percentage deep throws?

Against Washington and Today there have to be 5-6 instances of throwing 20+ yards down field and to the outside on third and short.

I have been requested to make this request because my wife says she can't live with someone who goes this crazy, just watching a game.

I trust you guys, Coach Gilbride, you have earned my respect, but please stop doing this one thing, and my wife will be spared.

Thank You,

Tom

Killdrive had his playbook on backwards. You're supposed to pound BROWN up the middle, and give the screen to BRADSHAW...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

I agree with what you're saying, but remember... Eli has had about .27 seconds to throw the ball against Dallas this year, and receivers aren't separating from CBs. I would chunk it to the first guy that comes open too... even if he is 70 yards down field and having to run under a rainbow of a throw.

Hey I agree and it seems like we hardly run to the weak side also.... How about some quick slants??

Veteran
    Back shoulder fades to hakeem had been automatic - with his injury they have been rusty - they are not running well enough to just drive it down people throats and you cant "just throw it short" cause teams are playing press - sometimes you have to beat the coverage which means a deeper ball.

Someone asked Eli about that and he had a very good comment, he said that the D was taking away the short stuff and covering the run, which left open the deep pass. Sounded pretty reasonable to me. The O was not clicking today and I'll give the Dallas D some credit and also some to our poor play, there were a couple of drops that caused some drives to stall....

Tommy, not you Tommy say it aint so !!!!

we're dealing with a little chemistry issue with Eli and Nicks, but how great is it that we can work on that and still win

im going to predict a big day for Eli to Nicks vs. Pittsburgh, it's time

my request for Eli and Gilbride is yet another Super Bowl win ...

G-MEN !!!!
    Apologize to Melo 5