72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 25.00%
  • No

54 75.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Let Kenny Phillips Walk?

Kenny Phillips will be an unrestricted free agent after this season, and the question is, do we let him walk? Stevie Brown has played admirably in his place, and lots of people like Sash as a future player.

We also have other guys becoming free agents who must be re-signed before KP: Cruz, Bennett, DeOssie, and hell, even Tynes. Guys like Boothe, Beatty, Osi, and Blackburn are free agents too.

I have a feeling he may be a cap casualty just due to our depth at safety. If he's not with us next year, he will DEFINITELY find a home real fast though...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

I'm really really glad that Stevie Brown has been playing great, but Kenny has to stay. He is a really good deep safety and can come down and play in the box as good as anyone. Best thing about KP is you never hear is name getting called out on the field because he is usually in great coverage and the ball doesn't get thrown near him.

KP saves so many TDs out there he has no right to because of his speed and anticipation, the amount of times he has saved Rolle's *** by making tackles on players that rolle has missed is astounding.

Again love that Stevie has been playing well, but you can't get rid of KP, guy is a beast.

He's only 26 years old, so I think they resign him. Plenty of tread left on KP's tires.

Cut Rolle and use that money to sign KP

Cruz is priority, I'd let Rolle go if his contract's coming up

Quote Originally Posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Cruz is priority, I'd let Rolle go if his contract's coming up
    Rolle won't be a free agent until 2015, but I'd rather keep him than KP if forced to choose. Rolle is an outstanding player for us.

Well, even if we resign KP, I am thinking they will cut Rolle, and maybe draft TJ MacDonald in the first round - that would be mighty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
    +1

cut rolle, draft a safety in an early round, and resign KP, KP, Brown, and the rookie can rotate