+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: +2.5 !!!!!

  1. #1

    +2.5 !!!!!

    i know this board has already calculated that we could technically be ahead by 8 games in our division if we were 8-0 and the rest were 0-8, but not for the fact that we tried an inside draw handoff when we shoulda passed ... oh and a back shoulder throw, when we shoulda run the inside draw handoff

    but for those fans that realize the NFL is not some video game, but actual reality and an absolute war every week

    to be up by 2.5 is amazing

    the Dream Team / Dynasty -2.5
    America's Team and per everyone the most talented team in the NFL -2.5
    the Washington RG3Skins -3

    looks really good to me

    especially when you add the fact that we won the Super friggin Bowl too !!!!

    all is well in Giants land ... bad day for the negative fans, bad day for the rest of the NFC East
    Apologize to Melo 5

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    i know this board has already calculated that we could technically be ahead by 8 games in our division if we were 8-0 and the rest were 0-8, but not for the fact that we tried an inside draw handoff when we shoulda passed ... oh and a back shoulder throw, when we shoulda run the inside draw handoff

    but for those fans that realize the NFL is not some video game, but actual reality and an absolute war every week

    to be up by 2.5 is amazing

    the Dream Team / Dynasty -2.5
    America's Team and per everyone the most talented team in the NFL -2.5
    the Washington RG3Skins -3

    looks really good to me

    especially when you add the fact that we won the Super friggin Bowl too !!!!

    all is well in Giants land ... bad day for the negative fans, bad day for the rest of the NFC East
    Is it really 2.5 now? What's great is that we're done with most of our div games, and everyone else has to play each other - 10 wins should do it no problem.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,039
    The rest of the division hasn't even played each other hardly. None of them can afford losses, and they have several games against each other. One of them will finish off the other 2 for us.

  4. #4
    The best part about this is that we only have 2 division games left, our bye is in our traditionally weak month of november for a change, and we're up by enough that as long as we win just one of the next 3 games, we can come out of the november collapse in first place.

    Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The best part about this is that we only have 2 division games left, our bye is in our traditionally weak month of november for a change, and we're up by enough that as long as we win just one of the next 3 games, we can come out of the november collapse in first place.
    Great point - honestly the next 5 games will be key - I think they'll split with Pitt & Cinci, likely lose to GB @ home bec it's a Sun night game, and we all know how the Giants play those at home. Then beat Wash & NO, this would give the Giants a 9-4 record w/what should be a sizeable div lead w/3 remaining games @ Atl, @ Balt & then home for Philly who we can't beat of late.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantGremlin View Post
    Great point - honestly the next 5 games will be key - I think they'll split with Pitt & Cinci, likely lose to GB @ home bec it's a Sun night game, and we all know how the Giants play those at home. Then beat Wash & NO, this would give the Giants a 9-4 record w/what should be a sizeable div lead w/the remaining games @ Atl, @ Balt & then home for Philly who we can't beat of late.
    I think we'll beat GB. Their O-line is suspect, and I don't expect it to take overwhelming pressure to bring Rodgers down.
    NO likewise, they're a shell of what they were last year, as well as the fact that they have to come up to the meadowlands, in december. BAL too, although we have to make the trip for them.
    I agree that PIT and CIN are likely a split, though both games are definitely winnable.
    I hope we beat ATL in their house...

    Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

  7. #7
    The rest of the NFC East hasn't played each other at all (all 4 NFC East division games thus far have included the Giants). That means of the remaining 8 division games (of 12 total), the G-Men only play in 2.

  8. #8
    we have to go 4-4 our final 8 to get 10 wins.3-5 to get 9 wins.

    dallas/philly have to go 7 of their final 9 to get to 10 wins. dallas has washington 2x and philly 2x plus atlanta next week. philly had dallas 2x and washington 2x with N.O. (who I expect to win moreso since they just lost)...

    i think our O struggles vs division opponents bc they have spent 3 or 4 yrs now to ensure they can stop eli n our pass offense. teams outside the division dont have that luxury. i think we beat pitt next week (what else is new) but its objective bc I feel Eli has had now 3 so so games in a row and he's a much better player than that. i expect playoff version eli next week.

    we're golden. we buried dallas really, and atl buried phiilly really

  9. #9
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    i know this board has already calculated that we could technically be ahead by 8 games in our division if we were 8-0 and the rest were 0-8, but not for the fact that we tried an inside draw handoff when we shoulda passed ... oh and a back shoulder throw, when we shoulda run the inside draw handoff

    but for those fans that realize the NFL is not some video game, but actual reality and an absolute war every week

    to be up by 2.5 is amazing

    the Dream Team / Dynasty -2.5
    America's Team and per everyone the most talented team in the NFL -2.5
    the Washington RG3Skins -3

    looks really good to me

    especially when you add the fact that we won the Super friggin Bowl too !!!!

    all is well in Giants land ... bad day for the negative fans, bad day for the rest of the NFC East
    The Giants have been 6-2 in the past and some only need to go back a couple of years to see that turn into an 8-8 season and not make the play offs and go into a 10-6 season and not make the play offs. Still a very difficult schedule ahead we need to take care of business in the division (Beat Washington and Philly). We always look good coming out of October....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts