+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a positive note, Coughlin said and our young DBs underwent.....

Smile On a positive note, Coughlin said and our young DBs underwent.....

Coughlin said some things critical of our D, particularly the secondary and their coverage. He specifically called the coverage "loose." Obviously we know our HC is smart and knows what we need to fix. That is a positive I think. We know we have our ups and downs, and our team is a "backs against the wall team" and a "clutch" team. We have 2 Lombardi Trophies in 5 years, and we are lucky to have an awesome HC, GM, and classy franchise.

I'll take our team and its traits any day of the3 quarter studs like Phillip Rivers and Tony Romo-guys who are lights out in the regular season and the first 3 quarters of a game, but then get knocked out in the 4th quarter and in the playoffs. We don't have our owners on TV commercials and have our 1.5 Billion dollar stadium talked about (which is actually more money than the highly publicized Cowgirls stadium). We are the New York Football Giants and we travel the world, and stomp that *** out.

Our young DBs went up against Jason Witten, Miles Austin, and Dez Bryant (head case that he is, he is also a physical freak like Megatron). That is no small task. While they gave up yards and some big plays, Mr Romo also threw the ball 62 freaking times. 62! They held his percentage down and he actually got some big plays on some pretty sick routes that our raw and young DBs almost covered perfectly. Hosley in particular covered Austin like a glove, yet still made some unbelievable catches.

Anyway, these guys are young, inexperienced, and went up against a talented and savvy bunch. The thing is, they learned today. There are going to be some completions, and some chunks of yards given up, but our young DBs are learning against some of these heady veterans. They will be all the better for it man, trust me. Prince and Jayron are our future. IN my opinion, they are going to be a better combo than Brandon Carr and Morris Clairborne-they will be Phillippi Sparks and Jason Sehorn Part Deux.

Dont get me started on the refs, but on a positive note, we won in spite of their ineptitude. They seriously made such egregious calls on us and non-calls on Dallas, I seriously questioned whether they would keep the Bryant TD catch when it was clear as day.

So all you trolling negative nancies, and you >100 post posting slobberknockers (post count doesn't really matter unless youre one of those infrequent posters who only come in when things are bad and troll-you know who you are, you no talent asshats), lick my choad, and choke on my swamp *** lint cheese, you suck. Go be miserable in your life off the boards.

Go Big Blue.

Veteran
    I thought they were a little ticky tack with Jayron - and think the kid has a bright future. Prince has been our best corner - not his best day - but not bad. Webby had the pick but gettng beat on a double move with 16 seconds to go is beyond atrocious - still the guy is a proven vet. Hill will be back in a week and will add even more depth and can play the nickel as well - even though hosley probably keeps the spot.

Veteran
    The Cowboys passing game got shut down by an awful Carolina secondary last week. I don't know why you think so highly of their passing game.

Is it just me or did Bradshaw get a bad spot on the 3rd down run w/ a min left in the game which allowed the Cowboys to get the ball back? Was there even a review on that?

Veteran
    And the cowboys put up a ton on the ravens - football is not something that you can use transference with. Bottom line is romo has been a great regular season qb - bryant witten and austin are threats no matter what they did against the panthers. The giants also handed it to the niners - does this mean the niners aren't good - NO.

Spot wasn't great but i think he was still short.

Our secondary lives and dies by our pass rush. We couldnt get to Romo with a 4 man front or when we blitzed. It really simple. We need another horse upfront besides tuck and osi because they are past it.

Veteran
    again 4 sacks many many more hits - he did pass 62 times so that isnt great but didnt get to him? not true at all. Most secondaries live and die with pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantGremlin View Post
    Is it just me or did Bradshaw get a bad spot on the 3rd down run w/ a min left in the game which allowed the Cowboys to get the ball back? Was there even a review on that?
    I am trying to mentally block the refs ****ty calls today. Seriously, they gave us so many bad calls, and let the Cowboys get away with murder. For example, Jayron and Prince both got hit with a ticky tack defenseive pass interference calls, yet Bryant and Austin got away several push offs. The Bradshaw spot was egregious. The refs were seriously trying to give the game to Dallas.

I must take offence to your last paragraph. Negative nancies? Did you watch the game? We stunk from the second quarter to the last. 6 turnovers and only 29 points. We had the oportunity to kill them when it was 23-0 and we had the ball but we stalled and let them into it. Romo like you said dropped back 62 times. And we had ONLY 4 sacks. We didn't cover almost perfectly. Witten was open the entire game. They had 3 WR passing 100 yards so no. We didn't cover them like a glove. He made key grabs, something our receivers didn't do.

I agree with you on they got lucky on the pushing off. And like you said they are young and inexperienced and what better way to learn against the trio they faced tonight. A thing to mention also is we gave them no run game, granted Murray was out but still needs to be mentioned. It wasn't a convincing win by any small means but it was a win and we must prepare for Big Ben next week. We loves making plays out of nothing. Something our defence loves giving to opponents. An inch to his left, Dez scores and we will be here bashing our secondary.

The real problem is that we couldn't stop Whitten. He hurt us more than any other receiver. This was a game where J Will's talents were sorely missed. Don't get me wrong, Whitten would have had catches, I just don't think he would have had 18.... If you think other teams (Wait until we play Atalanta) don't see that and work to take advantage I'll be hugely surprised!

+ Reply to Thread