+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our game yesterday really made me think.

The game plans, if any really scared me however, What I saw was alot of bad habits we used to have in Eli coming back and the receivers geez, butterfingered.

Eli really is having issues with his throwing. I'm sensing he's afraid of getting hit. Recently however, he was a guy who hung it all out in the pocket and got the ball to his man. They have ALOT of tape to review.

On the other hand, I understand players games can be off or have a bad game. Seemed like Nicks dropped a few and Randle could have saved the game alot easier had he just caught the ball and drove forward over the 1st down marker.

We will need to address our DC spot AFTER the season as Fewell is too much miss. He gave Romo WAAY too much time in the pocket and he picked us apart.

Bradshaw... some of you might really like the kid but, we have to face it, the kid is way too impatient. He is too impatient to let the line open up holes and tries to force a play himself. alot of times, he'll DERP the play because of his impatience and tries to crash through another gap.

We need to get into a plan of rotating RB's and we got ourselves caught up in relying on Eli which gave the cowturds the advantage and they could set their defense accordingly.

Tom Coughlin didn't seem like his old fired up self of recent past. seems like alot of blame and **** sandwiches to go around... I just hope Fewell and Gilbride get a healthy portion
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

I don't think any QB likes to get hit, however last week Eli took both barrels to the grill and rainbowed that pass to Cruz, result? Salsa dancing.

in the NFCE, our rivals, all of them, have built and game-planned to beat us if not push our Team to the limits. You have to respect them for that.

Nicks is NOT 100% regardless of he says he feels, Cruz drew a lot of double-teams and the OLine did not do enough to give Eli enough time. Credit: Dallas Defence

Bradshaw is the best pass blocker per Schmelk (sp) and I have to agree, that said Brown rumbles and I wish they, Gilbride and Coughlin, would figure out a way to go back to splitting the carries similar to the BJ/ Bradshaw & Ward...

as to Fewell, he mystifies me. His gameplan for the Niners was epic, they hung with the Skins, but Chase goes down and Witten gets unleashed.

and Romo is very good against the zone coverage, when the Backers blitzed, Romo ate up the middle

the Pass Rush from the edges is deficient...thank God for Canty and Linval

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

So you started this thread after thinking??? Hmmm

Really having issue with his throwing? Not even close - some have sailed high lately but hardly an "issue".

Where do you get he sense of fear from?

Why do Cruz's drops get a pass?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Well Fewells gameplan.. I just hope Chase will be ok. you are right, it made a world of difference when he left the game. who's our backup for chase when he goes out? I didn't see
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    Well Fewells gameplan.. I just hope Chase will be ok. you are right, it made a world of difference when he left the game. who's our backup for chase when he goes out? I didn't see
    Herzlich
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    The game plans, if any really scared me however, What I saw was alot of bad habits we used to have in Eli coming back and the receivers geez, butterfingered.

Eli really is having issues with his throwing. I'm sensing he's afraid of getting hit. Recently however, he was a guy who hung it all out in the pocket and got the ball to his man. They have ALOT of tape to review.

On the other hand, I understand players games can be off or have a bad game. Seemed like Nicks dropped a few and Randle could have saved the game alot easier had he just caught the ball and drove forward over the 1st down marker.

We will need to address our DC spot AFTER the season as Fewell is too much miss. He gave Romo WAAY too much time in the pocket and he picked us apart.

Bradshaw... some of you might really like the kid but, we have to face it, the kid is way too impatient. He is too impatient to let the line open up holes and tries to force a play himself. alot of times, he'll DERP the play because of his impatience and tries to crash through another gap.

We need to get into a plan of rotating RB's and we got ourselves caught up in relying on Eli which gave the cowturds the advantage and they could set their defense accordingly.

Tom Coughlin didn't seem like his old fired up self of recent past. seems like alot of blame and **** sandwiches to go around... I just hope Fewell and Gilbride get a healthy portion
    It was Hixon that should have dove for the 1st, not Randle. I agree with your analysis on Bradshaw, I would like to see him more as a 4th qtr. guy.

Veteran
    Not that this has anything to do with chase but the giants did not allow a td after his injury. Herzlich is a perfectly capable backup, in fact i think he will soon pass chase on the depth chart.

You hated fewells game plan - do you hate defenses scoring and turning teams over 6 times - does that hurt your soul? If anything the d bailed out the offense. By your comments i just cant tell what you were watching.

Lot of blame to go around? Im sorry for what? the 4 straight wins - should tom be yelling more at players? seemed pretty fired up at AB? Again what game are you watching?

As for AB - the man protects like an animal - rated the NUMBER 1 pass protecting back in the league - there is only ONE MAN on our team who HAS TO BE IN UNI for us to win and thats #10 - so if youre a back on the giants you better learn how to do what AB does and fast. They may work Wilson and AB2 in more but AB stays the prime back for a reason.

Address the dc spot after the year? Again what are you watching? the guy won a superbowl last year - his defense has been turning people over left and right - the only addressing done will be an extension.

Eli is afraid of getting hit? I can't even begin to address how silly a comment this is - the man is having a ridiculously good year. He gets rid of the ball quick cause he is so adept at reading a d - and b/c he is not a running q - so when he see's a blitz he reads it and makes the appropriate fast hot read. He is in no way afraid of anything.

Veteran
    I don't think Wilson gets a fair shot to run it. When he's in they know its a running play. Its the only reason why he's in, I don't know if we have ever ran a play where Wilson was tasked to block in the backfield. I might be wrong, someone correct me if need be.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    rainer you are pretty much right on - that said it tells you about how the giants feel about his ability to pass protect. The kid is gonna be awesome but like i just stated #10 is the primary player on the field for us ALWAYS - until he learns how to protect him coughlin will not put him on the field. Still with his ball skills its becoming clearer and clearer that he may have to speed up his learning curve - same for ab2.