+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Talking My un-educated take on the game!

What can I say, each week gets worse and worse. Last week it took a 70 yard pass with 1:50 seconds left. This week we actually lost the game before winning it. LOL! How much worse can it get? What bothered me more then anything was Eli's facial expressions. That look was back, something I haven't seen in awhile! FRUSTRATION! The game didn't surprise me as I have seen early easy leads turn on a dime before. We get complacent and Dallas catches a break, fumble, and catch on fire! Our defense is starting to worry me. I thought the big win in San Fran. showed we were back on defense. I guess the problems are still there. All in all, the Eagles, Washington, and Dallas all lost. What could be bad. Its all ours to lose!

I think the secondary needs a little work, Think Hill is a better nickel than Hosely, he had difficulty with a very talented Bryant (got a really bad call that negated a Canty Sack). But the line play was pretty good. Lets throw out some numbers, 19 rushing yards, 4 sacks, 4 interceptions, and 2 fumble recoveries. Not bad there, on the flip side Whitten 18 catches, Austin 9 Catches, and Bryant 5 catces. The TEs had 21 catches on our secondary....the giants had 15 total receptions. There is the area we need to work on....

All-Pro
    The truth is the first time they played the defense could not stop them and the offense wasn't that good. It was the same thing yesterday but they had six turnovers. The saddest part is they needed all six turnovers to win. If they didn't be the last fumble in which they made a field goal Dallas wold have only needed a field goal of their own to win. How does hat happen a the end of the game? They where a couple of finger tips from losing. Webster got beat, AGAIN, and Coe doesn't get a hand on it. Then they almost allowed them to score again a couple of seconds later. As for Eli, and I have been saying he should be MVP, he has had two bad games in a row now. Before las weeks heroics he was not having a very good day.

In a weird way the early lead we got worked in Dallas favor and against us. Dallas had no choice but to throw it on almost every down which will lead to our d line getting gassed having to rush the passer on every down. its no big secret that our secondary has difficulty in coverage especially for extended periods of time. The law of averages takes place, the more chances you have to attack a weakness the better chances you have of succeeding.

Veteran
    Eli is notorious for his ugly wins...year after year...but you have to ask yourself a question. Do you want ugly wins from Eli, or would you prefer pretty losses with Romo, Rivers, Brees, or any of the other stat machines? I am not sure if even Rodgers could pull off some of the ugly wins Eli walks away from.

Some of you guys are unbelievable. We are the defending Super Bowl champs and have started our our post-championship season at 6-2. Reading the posts on here you would think that we are the Bengals.

I guess that's what happens when you've only been a fan since 2007 . . . . .

All-Pro
    Where is that "How to be a fan" rule book so many on his board have read?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Where is that "How to be a fan" rule book so many on his board have read?
    I will send you a copy . . . . please pay particular attention to the Chapter entitled "How Not To Be A Mouthbreathing Moron"

All-Pro
    Nice try.

Banned

Red face

Lets keep it civil!