+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

It is not the Win but the Performance

After Sunday's Game, there were a lot of posters talking about a win is a win. I always look at the performance.

The performance is the most important thing and it can show problems. If they can't get fixed then you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    After Sunday's Game, there were a lot of posters talking about a win is a win. I always look at the performance.

The performance is the most important thing and it can show problems. If they can't get fixed then you know the rest.
    NO, winning is the most important.

All-Pro
    Yeah but every game is different. They could come out next week and look like the team that beat the 49ers. Last year they where blown out in one game and won the Super Bowl. The W is the only stat that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    NO, winning is the most important.
    How can you win when performance is bad? Look at the Rams against the Pats. How about those Egals?
    Last edited by Diamondring; 10-29-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah but every game is different. They could come out next week and look like the team that beat the 49ers. Last year they where blown out in one game and won the Super Bowl. The W is the only stat that matters.
    I tell you one thing, if the performance by our offense does not put up tds like they should, then there will be no Superbowl. Not even playoffs.

So to be clear, you are not mad that we won the game?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    I tell you one thing, if the performance by our offense does not put up tds like they should, then there will be no Superbowl. Not even playoffs.
    I see what you are saying but again, every game is different. Look at that game against the 49ers. They weren't supposed to be able to run on them. They weren't supposed to have a running TD on them in the red zone. Honestly I don't think hey where a great red zone offense last year either. They have been a big play scoring team for a while now. When I see them get tackled at the 1 the first thing I say is "to bad hey didn't score".

All-Pro
    I see a pattern here.

Veteran
    Against the Steeler's we lose that game, against any other team we lose that game. we are LUCKY! and I chose that word correctly, that we played the Romo lead cowboys. All cylinders was not working well yesterday, but like they say a win is a win. I just hope we don't have more ugly games like that, cause I am not sure we win too many more like that.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

it's not a video game

it's not a script

it's the NFL .. it's real ... and it's unpredictable

i love that our D makes huge plays and is very disruptive ... that is clearly a formula for success ... does that mean we are going to hold opponents to 10 points every week, absolutely not ... this week we yielded 17 net points on D ... i'll take that any week

our O was in a unusual spot ... they had barely even broken a sweat and the scoreboard showed 23-0

remember these guys are human, not robots ... humans instinctively think about being careful under those circumstances

but i love that our O is never unable to make a comeback if necessary ... we are barely ever out of any game ... you dont know how rare that is

the Boys on the other hand basically got into who cares mode ... which usually is game over, but sometimes when you take high risks (62 pass attempts), ,you do get some high rewards ... they got a few and made it a game

welcome to the NFL

and welcome to 1st place by 2.5 games
    Apologize to Melo 5