+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Clockgate

  1. #1

    Clockgate

    with the clock at 10 seconds, the Boys ran 2 plays that per my stopwatch took 11 seconds, yet their own employee running the clock both started it late and stopped it early saving them 2 seconds and leaving them with one final play that should have never happened

    this same type of thing happened to the Jets vs. NE

    it's time for the NFL to have an employee starting and stopping the clock, not a team employee
    Apologize to Melo 5

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,357
    They did stop that clock pretty quick.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    with the clock at 10 seconds, the Boys ran 2 plays that per my stopwatch took 11 seconds, yet their own employee running the clock both started it late and stopped it early saving them 2 seconds and leaving them with one final play that should have never happened

    this same type of thing happened to the Jets vs. NE

    it's time for the NFL to have an employee starting and stopping the clock, not a team employee
    And that comeback from the Cows shouldn't have happened either.

  4. #4
    The ball hadnt even landed yet on Austin's incomplete and the clock was stopped.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    And that comeback from the Cows shouldn't have happened either.
    in the NFL teams comeback ... games are decided by only a few points on average ... nobody should be shocked that a talented NFL team did not simply roll up in the fetal position and cry and quit ... welcome to the NFL ... you'll catch on

    and we were only favored by 1.5, so we exceeded outsiders expectations ... i think we have some spoiled fans b/c of how great we are
    Apologize to Melo 5

  6. #6
    Yeah that needs to be in control of the NFL. The refs do constantly have to ask to have the game clock reset so obviously they are doing their own timekeeping... No need in 2012 for there to be two systems.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,334
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    with the clock at 10 seconds, the Boys ran 2 plays that per my stopwatch took 11 seconds, yet their own employee running the clock both started it late and stopped it early saving them 2 seconds and leaving them with one final play that should have never happened

    this same type of thing happened to the Jets vs. NE

    it's time for the NFL to have an employee starting and stopping the clock, not a team employee
    You watch games with a stop watch? Damn

    Even with that, the "official time" is kept on the field by an official. I think that's the Line Judge
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-29-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,435
    Why did they put time back on the clock after they they took the TD off he score board?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You watch games with a stop watch? Damn

    Even with that, the "official time" is kept on the field by an official
    haha, no TIVO ! ... i was in no condition mentally or physically to do it at the time it was happening
    Apologize to Melo 5

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    in the NFL teams comeback ... games are decided by only a few points on average ... nobody should be shocked that a talented NFL team did not simply roll up in the fetal position and cry and quit ... welcome to the NFL ... you'll catch on

    and we were only favored by 1.5, so we exceeded outsiders expectations ... i think we have some spoiled fans b/c of how great we are
    Hey Buddy, I was the one who said our O-line was underrated and our defense. I was one of the posters who said the Giants were going to beat the 49ers. My track record is way better than yours. You'll catch on soon I hope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts