+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

HOW IS EVERYONE IN TRI-STATE AREA? Sandy Bearing down yet?

I moved away from CT 15 years ago due to job re locating down to Alabama's Gulf Coast. Right near Florida Line. Just wanted to make sure all my Giants buddies are staying safe and taking precautions.

Its Ironic that with me living close to the Gulf of Mexico where Hurricane Threats are a Fact of Life that we had only 1 scare this year and this is your 2nd. crazy...

Well stay out of harms way and hopefully it will weaken and not do hardly any of the damage they think it will..

Post on here when you can to let us guys that live out of the area know how its going. thanks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

So far it's just rain and some wind, but we're waiting for the other shoe to drop... Everything is closed, mass transit is shut down, they're shutting down the bridges and tunnels later today.

I work in Westchester across the Tappan Zee so I'm glad I don't have to go in... Working from home at least until I lose power and/or internet.

Last time around I lost power for about a week and cable/internet for about 10 days.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND BE SAFE.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    So far it's just rain and some wind, but we're waiting for the other shoe to drop... Everything is closed, mass transit is shut down, they're shutting down the bridges and tunnels later today.

I work in Westchester across the Tappan Zee so I'm glad I don't have to go in... Working from home at least until I lose power and/or internet.

Last time around I lost power for about a week and cable/internet for about 10 days.
    WOW didnt realize people were out of power and Internet that long...was that the one earlier this year (irene) or the one last year (earl)??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Right now it's rainy and windy. Sandy is supposed to hit later tonight.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I feel like I'm watching the live version of Deep Impact or Armageddon

So far just wind and rain ... waiting for tonight.

The good news is that as these storms become more and more common (granted, this is a biggie), we get more and more prepared.

People are hopefully smart enough to know to stay off the roads and close-up unnecessary businesses. Also, the flooding areas should be quite apparent by now.
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 10-29-2012 at 10:55 AM.

I'm out here in Suffolk county in Long Island. Very windy and some rain. Still have my power though. It suppose to get bad between 6pm today and 6am tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    WOW didnt realize people were out of power and Internet that long...was that the one earlier this year (irene) or the one last year (earl)??
    The one that hit last Halloween.

On the upside, we might have the world's first underwater subway system in a few hours.

Place needed a cleaning for sure.