+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Manning, the offense, and winning masking poor defensive performance!

The stats have been there for the past 2 years that the defense is has been not performing well. I don't think we've fully acknowledged it because we are winning freaking Super Bowls! Would the criticism be even warranted? I'm not sure what to think of it all. Do you guys think it's a lack of talent? Is it the defensive scheme and philosophy? Is it the execution? I'm not sure but the fact that we were up 23-0 and almost lost the game brings this concern front and center. What do you guys think?

Wow. I actually think the offense was so bad that the defense is worn down. Did you watch the first quarter? Offense should of made it 40-0. FG after FG, not being able to move the ball, 3 and outs, drops, bad passes, bad execution, predictable playcalling, TCs horrible clock management. Offense almost blew this game in my opinion.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

I think the defense is capable of highlight reel plays that a lot of people mistake as "doing their job". Its the other 95% of the game not in the highlight package that the defense worries me.
    warm salsa

I came away saying "if the offense had only taken advantage of all those turnovers"......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I came away saying "if the offense had only taken advantage of all those turnovers"......
    Exactly.

How many 3 and outs did we have? Offense was totally predictable and Rob Ryan ate Gilbride for lunch.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

It was a sad day for the Offense. Had it not been for the Defense I'm not sure Giants would have even been in the game. Sad. Sad.

Got to do better against the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Wow. I actually think the offense was so bad that the defense is worn down. Did you watch the first quarter? Offense should of made it 40-0. FG after FG, not being able to move the ball, 3 and outs, drops, bad passes, bad execution, predictable playcalling, TCs horrible clock management. Offense almost blew this game in my opinion.
    That was definitely true of this past game, but not necessarily the case in a holistic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Got to do better against the Steelers.
    And we will
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Defense plaid well. based on the fact that they had very little rest. Division games are always tight you know this