+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Everyone keeps blaming the Defense...

There is no excuse for giving up over 400 yards passing to Tony Romo, but personally, I think the offense was a big part of the defenses mishaps. Our last 9 drives of the game (starting with 11:37 of the second quarter) :

Fumble (1 play), Punt (5 plays), Punt (6 plays), Punt (3 plays), Punt (3 plays), Interception (6 plays), FG (8 plays), FG (6 plays), Punt (3 plays).

That's not going to win anything. We need to SUSTAIN drives. Our red zone offense is absolutly attrocious. We won that game fair and square, there was no luck involved. We made the plays when we needed to.

But, when we go deep into enemy territory 6 times and come out with 1 touchdown. That is unacceptable, and that is not the first game that has happened.

This post makes the most sense out of all that I have seen following yesterdays game. the O was terrible, of course our D got lite up they threw the ball 62 times any d get gassed having to rush the passer that much. I said it in another thread, if we score at least 2 td on those turnovers its a completely different game.

Anyone who is blaming the defense either didnt watch the whole game, or doesnt understand football.

The offense left more points on the field than any game this year.

At best it can be said that the defense played "less crappy" than the offense.
    warm salsa

I'm TheAnalyst, and I approve this message.

Offense, including Eli, has been pretty bad of late. Play calling is piss poor. It's so predictable. Seriously, lay on your couch and try to predict the play we are about to do when you see the formation. Shotgun Draw? Deep ball? Hey its 3rd and short, watch out for the deep ball! I call it all the time. Imagine if I was a DC and had access to all the tapes. Id learn the tendencies. WR Screen? The formation looks the same all the time. Thats why it doesnt work. No imagination. Although Gilbride did call a direct snap to Bradshaw yesterday where Eli faked the snap over his head.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-29-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

I'm really mad at that offense and also scared cause its performance might be bad things to come.

If it wasn't for Gilbride the Giants would have won 4 Super Bowls with Eli right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    If it wasn't for Gilbride the Giants would have won 4 Super Bowls with Eli right now.
    I want to say sorry to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    that is one of the most hypothetical statments I have heard so far......
    it the same vein you can say they wouldnt have won the last two without him..
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

You guys have no idea how much Gilbride is holding Eli back.