+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Receivers

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,337

    Receivers

    it seems that cowboys corners were able to shut down our receivers, whereas we couldn't do the same to them. This is going to be a problem going forward in our division. We need a receiver who can create a mismatch, what do you think?

  2. #2
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,602
    One swallow doesn't make a summer. Nicks and Cruz are excellent wideouts. I think you need to be drug tested.

  3. #3
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,146
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    One swallow doesn't make a summer. Nicks and Cruz are excellent wideouts. I think you need to be drug tested.
    The OP is only half right. For the most part, the Cowboys DB's shut them down, but we don't need new receivers. Our receivers need to learn how to play more physical, they need to realize the ball isn't always going to be floating in your hands.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  4. #4
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,474
    Both of them got doubled all game, need that 3rd WR to beat that corner.

  5. #5
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The OP is only half right. For the most part, the Cowboys DB's shut them down, but we don't need new receivers. Our receivers need to learn how to play more physical, they need to realize the ball isn't always going to be floating in your hands.
    All based off one game? Cruz is joint leader on 7 touchdowns and 6th in receiving yard. I'm sure even Jerry Rice had quiet games.

  6. #6
    Veteran nycisgreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    it seems that cowboys corners were able to shut down our receivers, whereas we couldn't do the same to them. This is going to be a problem going forward in our division. We need a receiver who can create a mismatch, what do you think?
    \

    Our defense did a good job. Our offense was a punt factory yesterday.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,146
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    All based off one game? Cruz is joint leader on 7 touchdowns and 6th in receiving yard. I'm sure even Jerry Rice had quiet games.
    I'm talking about both Cowboy games. Their DB's are extremely physical, Cruz needs to show some muscle.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    it seems that cowboys corners were able to shut down our receivers, whereas we couldn't do the same to them. This is going to be a problem going forward in our division. We need a receiver who can create a mismatch, what do you think?
    When you play a team twice every year, They tend to play you better than non division teams. It's not a trend.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    it seems that cowboys corners were able to shut down our receivers, whereas we couldn't do the same to them. This is going to be a problem going forward in our division. We need a receiver who can create a mismatch, what do you think?
    You don't know we have one of the best WR tandems in the league?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    When you play a team twice every year, They tend to play you better than non division teams. It's not a trend.
    Especially when said team trades up in the draft AND gets the best FA corner on the market just because of you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts