+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Moderator Tommy_Ribs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moderating Team
    Posts
    14,771

    Eli on the Cusp of a VERY Big team Milestone

    With his next two TD Passes, Eli will tie Phil Simms with the Franchise record for TD passes with 199.

    Obviously the third next TD pass will put him over the top with 200.

    If you go back to when he was drafted, and is first few years in the league, not many would have thought this day and record was imminent.

    Congrats to Eli, and everyone who has helped him along the way.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    I hope so. They need to be more aggressive in the redzone with Eli there is no reason for him not to already have broken the record.

  3. #3
    id bet a million bux eli throws 3 tds vs pitt when it just so happens simms is the commentator

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id bet a million bux eli throws 3 tds vs pitt when it just so happens simms is the commentator
    I'd love that. How do you think Phil Simms would react?
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id bet a million bux eli throws 3 tds vs pitt when it just so happens simms is the commentator
    I'd love to see that too lol. The question is, would Simms be happy or jealous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd love to see that too lol. The question is, would Simms be happy or jealous?
    Probably a little of both but Phil has been gracious.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  7. #7
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    3,890
    Something tells me Eli doesn't care about these things. I know I don't.

  8. #8
    Starter PETEY006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    246
    I think most of us already consider Eli to be the greatest Giant QB of all time

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Something tells me Eli doesn't care about these things. I know I don't.
    I'm sure you're right. Of course he cares more about the team as a whole and them winning, but he's going to break the record, and that'll just be another accomplishment under his belt. When he's all said and done with playing the game professionally down the road, I'm sure it'll be nice to reflect on his accomplishments.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    With his next two TD Passes, Eli will tie Phil Simms with the Franchise record for TD passes with 199.

    Obviously the third next TD pass will put him over the top with 200.

    If you go back to when he was drafted, and is first few years in the league, not many would have thought this day and record was imminent.

    Congrats to Eli, and everyone who has helped him along the way.
    Great info, thanks TR
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts