+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

These first 8 games are gonna be harder than the last 8

In my opinion, with how the teams are starting to show themselves to truly be at the halfway mark, that these last 8 games will be more favorable to us than the first 8. for one thing, we've knocked most the division games out, and those are the teams where the defenses really gives us fits. Teams we though would be power houses are either not even close to what was thought, are severly injury depleted, or have no playoffs to fight for...teams like NO, Balt, Pitt (their D is a shell, vs rookie RGPee yeah but they've struggled badly in other games and their injured badly as well), Philly the last week will have nothing to play for as I suspect we wont either (except homefield)

we have a late in the season bye as opposed to the prior few seasons...I don't know call me crazy but I think we've knocked out the tougher part of the schedule. GB and Atl are the only two teams that I consider on our level really and we've beaten both teams recently, Atl badly in the playoffs and GB too...

Agree disagree?

It's all speculation. Just like the old saying goes "any given Sunday" Now saying that on paper the next 8 games are brutal. But the positive I take from this, only two games are against division teams. And as we have seen over the year, we have played are worst football against division teams.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    In my opinion, with how the teams are starting to show themselves to truly be at the halfway mark, that these last 8 games will be more favorable to us than the first 8. for one thing, we've knocked most the division games out, and those are the teams where the defenses really gives us fits. Teams we though would be power houses are either not even close to what was thought, are severly injury depleted, or have no playoffs to fight for...teams like NO, Balt, Pitt (their D is a shell, vs rookie RGPee yeah but they've struggled badly in other games and their injured badly as well), Philly the last week will have nothing to play for as I suspect we wont either (except homefield)

we have a late in the season bye as opposed to the prior few seasons...I don't know call me crazy but I think we've knocked out the tougher part of the schedule. GB and Atl are the only two teams that I consider on our level really and we've beaten both teams recently, Atl badly in the playoffs and GB too...

Agree disagree?
    There is no such thing as an easy game when it comes to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    It's all speculation. Just like the old saying goes "any given Sunday" Now saying that on paper the next 8 games are brutal. But the positive I take from this, only two games are against division teams. And as we have seen over the year, we have played are worst football against division teams.
    +1 I agree. Who would have thought The Browns were going to give us fits? Who would have thought that we would destroy San Fran? Any given Sunday.

Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, Eagles, Redskins Monday Night and Saints.... Tell me where that is "easier"

For the most part I agree. We got a lot of AFC opponents coming up and I think we do very well against them...also the NFC is just that much better. I have the Giants going 12-4 with two more losses coming from NO and the GB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, Eagles, Redskins Monday Night and Saints.... Tell me where that is "easier"
    While none of those games I would say are easy, He does have a point the Giants seem to play their worst in the division and we have most of our division games out of the way. It's just a fact that the NFC teams are leap and bounds better. Personally I think we match up well with the Falcons I think we expose them again. Two teams that worry me are GB and the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Agree disagree?
    Well, you are the one who blessed us with your insight before the Dallas game with this:

Originally Posted by giantsfan420
    no d.murray. no starting C.

our DL woke up. prince web hosely > web coe tryon

our OL is diff than they say and playing 10x better

romo and that deep ball will be the 1 thing that can win them this game, PF better have the secondary ready

we win by 10-17, if KP plays, 21 or more. mark it
    I've never taken your posts too seriously, and I can't say I'm ready to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    -Steelers defense isn't what its hyped up to be anymore, plus Polamalu may be out.
    -@Bengals only real weapon is AJ Green. If we can neutralize him we should be able to manhandle them. That said, possible trap game.
    -@Ravens are like the steelers in that their defense isn't up to it anymore.
    -@Falcons, well, it depends on whether we show up like we did vs the 49ers. If we do, we blow them out again. If not, it's a toss-up.
    -@Skins will depend on whether our linebackers are healthy. JW especially. Also, if all our safeties are healthy, Stevie could be used as a QB spy as well.
    -Packers we can win easily. Their O-line is suspect this year, and honestly I think we've fully exposed their system in that playoff game last year.
    -Saints I think we win handily. Brees is NOT the same person in cold december weather as he is in a dome. Plus without payton he's lost his potency.
    -Eagles game hopefully we have the division wrapped up by week 17 and can let Carr start. It's going to depend on whether this collapse finally proves to be Reid's undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Regardless who we play, we first of all need to remain consistent in these last eight games. No mid or late season meltdowns for one...If we overcome that, we will be better off for it. But to say that the last eight games won't be every bit as challenging as the first is an understatement. This is when teams are starting to see the light of day for a playoff spot and they will play their hardest to make it.

As for teams having "nothing to play for," I disagree. Who doesn't want to beat the current Superbowl Champions, regardless of their record or current hopes of getting into the playoffs this season? ESPECIALLY Philly. That's our division rival. They could have absolutely no hope of making the playoffs by week 17 and they will still give us hell.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.