+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hurricane Sandy And The Steeler's Game

First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.

I haven't heard anything about postponing the game, and I doubt it will be. The storm should be over by mid-week and most normalcy should be restored by next weekend.

Pittsburgh is going through the same storm we are, so both team's preparations will be a little off base from what they normally are. It's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.
    Won't be cancelled. If they couldn't play the game in NY they would move to a different location. Like they did with the Vikings game 2 years ago. But the storm will be gone by Wednesday so game will be played at MetLife as scheduled.

All-Pro
    Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it
    They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.

No need to cancel. I'm in CT (but vacationing in FL right now) and the storm is hitting CT now and scheduled to be out of the area by Wednesday am so we'll be just fine for Sunday

I understand that the storm would be well out of the area by then, but I guess the concern would be about power at that point...if it's lost and not gotten back by then, or any other major messes that the storm leaves behind. Being played somewhere else......not sure how that would help my situation

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.
    Yes correct. I remember now

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    Has anyone heard how the Meadowlands Area made out. I am sure its all under water. Whole parking lot area and i woudnt doubt some of the water threating the stadium. Anyone have pics?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

They'd probably move it to a neutral location before they cancelled as long as transportation was still possible.