+ Reply to Thread

3rd down on O...

is it me or do we throw a long ball everytime??? Soon as we start running slants we will win games... Those DBs were playing off so much but we still throw everyball 15 or + yards.... Every pass is shotgun 15 yards 5 step drop... Its terrible... Simply terrible... No wonder the Oline has a tough time... Eli never gets the ball out of his hands fast enough thus putting pressure ont he Oline to defend the pass rush longer....
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

Re: 3rd down on O...

KG will fool someone someday on those low percentage third down bombs, just you wait and see!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]KG will fool someone someday on those low percentage third down bombs, just you wait and see![/quote]

I mean we do lead the NFL in long plays but who cares with the losses we take... his guy is horrible... PERIOD...

Get well #80!

All-Pro

And you wonder why we are inconsistent on Offense and our defense is always on the filed which is also a problem because they stink.

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]is it me or do we throw a long ball everytime??? Soon as we start running slants we will win games... Those DBs were playing off so much but we still throw everyball 15 or + yards.... Every pass is shotgun 15 yards 5 step drop... Its terrible... Simply terrible... No wonder the Oline has a tough time... Eli never gets the ball out of his hands fast enough thus putting pressure ont he Oline to defend the pass rush longer....[/quote]

Listen to Eli's post-game interview.......was part of the gameplan......a gameplan put in by Gilbride....that wasn't working nor was it adjusted......Eli basically said the Skins D showed them sets they were not expecting.....if that doesn't scream coaching I don't know what does.....

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]is it me or do we throw a long ball everytime??? Soon as we start running slants we will win games... Those DBs were playing off so much but we still throw everyball 15 or + yards.... Every pass is shotgun 15 yards 5 step drop... Its terrible... Simply terrible... No wonder the Oline has a tough time... Eli never gets the ball out of his hands fast enough thus putting pressure ont he Oline to defend the pass rush longer....[/quote]

3rd and short means we're throwing deep.

Eli and Gilbride love to go with those high percentage plays when we only need 4 yards.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Tony Bruno"]is it me or do we throw a long ball everytime??? Soon as we start running slants we will win games... Those DBs were playing off so much but we still throw everyball 15 or + yards.... Every pass is shotgun 15 yards 5 step drop... Its terrible... Simply terrible... No wonder the Oline has a tough time... Eli never gets the ball out of his hands fast enough thus putting pressure ont he Oline to defend the pass rush longer....[/quote]

3rd and short means we're throwing deep.

Eli and Gilbride love to go with those high percentage plays when we only need 4 yards.
    [/quote]

I dont get it... There was a play that Prince was playing off and the Skins threw and quick slant and the WR made a move and there you go... Next drive we had the Skins playing way off and we threw a 20 yard pass.... I mean do we ever run slants??? Its like those routes are not even a part of the"complicated" playbook...

Get well #80!

Yeah, I gotta agree there. When our regular offense is working and we're killing it on those intermediate routes, which is most of the time, it's a thing of beauty.

But, it would have been good to see more variation yesterday, especially early in the game when eli was struggling. Why did we only use that WR screen to MM once in the game?How about an end around to cruz? Mid-TE screen to Ballard? Where was the balance and playaction yesterday?

We run out of the shotgun so much, why don't we PA from it more?

All Hail The New York Giants!!