+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone brought this up yet?

The offensive game calling during the 2nd & 3rd quarters was too conservative to say the least. It seemed that on 7 consecutive offensive drives the hand off to Bradshaw on 1st down for no game played right into the Cowboys hands. Not until the Giants got behind did they throw on 1st down & that was on the drive they scored the go ahead FG.

Was that by design or what? Did anyone question TC about that in the post game interviews? Man when you get a turnover go for the juggular. Not face 2nd & 3rd & long against all out blitz. Geez get a pair of them. That's not what this offense has been doing so far this season & it almost cost them a game they should have won by at least 20 points.

Now I feel better.

i agree.
    the only thing i could think of is maybe since we had a good lead, KG didnt want to tip his hand to the dallas d if they made a comeback and we needed a play to get into range for a fg...i dunno tho i hated the playcalling most of the game...just the routes werent even at the right depths, didnt seem like our chosen method of attack was working; intermediate over the middle pass game.

the deep ball to randle showed us something we shoulda used all game imo that is dallas secondaries weakness, big plays. we went for far too few

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agree.
    the only thing i could think of is maybe since we had a good lead, KG didnt want to tip his hand to the dallas d if they made a comeback and we needed a play to get into range for a fg...i dunno tho i hated the playcalling most of the game...just the routes werent even at the right depths, didnt seem like our chosen method of attack was working; intermediate over the middle pass game.

the deep ball to randle showed us something we shoulda used all game imo that is dallas secondaries weakness, big plays. we went for far too few
    Exactly they were 1 - 1 with the deep ball & never went back to it. CRAZY in my opinion.

Bradshaw was clearly not 100%....they should have leaned more on Brown, who was averaging 7 yards per carry.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    Exactly they were 1 - 1 with the deep ball & never went back to it. CRAZY in my opinion.
    I think there would have been more attempts on the deep ball if Eli had the time to chuck it far. So many times he threw it away before that play coudl develop...

Ruben Randle needs to run straight ahead. Thank you.

I agree with the conservative play calling, as if the game was already in the bag. That is the reason why so many Giants fans get uncomfortable when we take a big lead. It happens all too often.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

They got way too conservative, totally agree.
    Traditional wisdom has it that you have a greater chance of making a mistake in the passing game. You also stop the clock with incomplete passes. With this team and Eli at the helm, the passing game makes total sense at all times. We need to run a little to keep the D honest but it was our O that let dallas back in this game.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I was furious when they had a chance to put them away and instead played for a field goal. I honestly thought the game was over when the Cowboys got the ball back down 5 with 2 minutes to go. This team really needs to get that killer mentality, I don't care if the other coach calls out Coughlin, you need to put teams away and this team NEVER does.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    They got way too conservative, totally agree.
    Traditional wisdom has it that you have a greater chance of making a mistake in the passing game. You also stop the clock with incomplete passes. With this team and Eli at the helm, the passing game makes total sense at all times. We need to run a little to keep the D honest but it was our O that let dallas back in this game.
    A lot of dropped passes that means a lot of clock stoppages, guys had a bad game, need to pick it up against the Steelers.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!