+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL Says No Issues With Clock Operation At The End Of Giants-Cowboys Game

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ith_clock.html

Excerpt: "Giants coach Tom Coughlin and co-owner John Mara raised some eyebrows after Sunday's 29-24 win when they expressed surprise that the Cowboys were able to run three plays in the game's final 10 seconds.

Neither went so far as to allege the Cowboys got a hometown advantage from the clock operator, but Coughlin and Mara both used the word "incredible" to describe Dallas' ability to get three plays off in that time frame.

An NFL spokesman said this morning "there were no issues with the clock." So that means case closed.

"I must say that, itís been a long time since I saw three plays in 10 seconds," Coughlin said after the game. "That was an incredible thing that happened there. We thought it was over with the high ball over the middle, and we look up, and the thing is stuck on one." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Of course they do same Spokesman who tried to argue Seattle Dual possession vs Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
    Of course they do same Spokesman who tried to argue Seattle Dual possession vs Green Bay
    LMAO

NHL and NBA show 1/10ths of seconds in the final minutes of periods. Why is the NFL 15 years behind?

Will it take a major incident in a playoff game??

I know I thought the game was over. I'm sure they gave that extra second.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Lately the only one with clock issues is TC, game management has be questionable to put it mildly the past 3 weeks.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

The Clock on the Field isn't the officail time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ith_clock.html

Excerpt: "Giants coach Tom Coughlin and co-owner John Mara raised some eyebrows after Sunday's 29-24 win when they expressed surprise that the Cowboys were able to run three plays in the game's final 10 seconds.

Neither went so far as to allege the Cowboys got a hometown advantage from the clock operator, but Coughlin and Mara both used the word "incredible" to describe Dallas' ability to get three plays off in that time frame.

An NFL spokesman said this morning "there were no issues with the clock." So that means case closed.

"I must say that, itís been a long time since I saw three plays in 10 seconds," Coughlin said after the game. "That was an incredible thing that happened there. We thought it was over with the high ball over the middle, and we look up, and the thing is stuck on one." Read more...
    After the near TD, the field clock ticked off another 4 seconds after Bryant landed. That operator was looking to job the Giants out of a few seconds when they got the ball back. The official time keeper put the time back. Periera said it was the correct thing to do.

Bench Player
    Supposedly, on PFT many fans (Giants and other teams fans) have said that twice in the last 10 seconds they saw the ball snapped and in Romo's hands, but the clock didn't start ticking for another 2 seconds. Conspiracy? Lol

Is that the same spokesperson who said Greg Jennings was down by contact even though he clearly fumbled the ball and the original call on the field was overturned by the referee without a Green Bay challenge (NFC Divisional game against the Giants)?

I could care less what the league says.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiRiza View Post
    Supposedly, on PFT many fans (Giants and other teams fans) have said that twice in the last 10 seconds they saw the ball snapped and in Romo's hands, but the clock didn't start ticking for another 2 seconds. Conspiracy? Lol
    Both plays, the completion to Witten at the sideline and the incomplete pass to Austin, Romo snaps the ball and the clock doesn't start moving until he's dropped back 5 yards....
    Last edited by CuseGirl; 10-29-2012 at 06:57 PM.

No one is showing the evidence that the Clock was running as it should have, are they hiding something?