+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Rob Ryans got us figured out.

Say what you want but Dallas D once again destroyed our offense.
    Hopefully we do better next year but for the rest of this year and offseason Im gonna be worred about Dallas.
    Cruz and Nicks so far appear to be unable to s**** against Carr and Claiborne.
    And our Oline cant do jack against mostly freakin Dallas backups.

Not to worried about it. We shouldn't see Dallas again this season and most likely Garrett is going to get fired and unless they give the job to Ryan we may not be seeing him again for awhile.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 10-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Their defense is much improved. They seem to have figured out how to stop the Nicks and Cruz duo better than any other team.

We'll have an entire offseason to adjust and be ready for it next year though, since I don't think we're seeing them again this year.

Veteran
    Put pressure on Manning, press Cruz and Nicks.. not rocket science..

Let's just be thankful it's not exactly a defensive scheme that any team can copy and easily win with. It requires DBs who have good press skills and man coverage and the league isn't full of teams with multiple personnel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Let's just be thankful it's not exactly a defensive scheme that any team can copy and easily win with. It requires DBs who have good press skills and man coverage and the league isn't full of teams with multiple personnel like that.
    Yeah but soon you'll see Philly and Washington copy that to nullify us. I forget who said it here, but there is that point that our division rivals draft specifically to beat us. All you really need is a semi-decent pass rush and corners with the talent to take away both Nicks and Cruz with at maximum 1 on 1 with safeties over the top for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

All-Pro
    Their defense held the Giants offense in check and their offense could have put up over 600 yards on the Giants defense if they didn't turn it over 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yeah but soon you'll see Philly and Washington copy that to nullify us. I forget who said it here, but there is that point that our division rivals draft specifically to beat us. All you really need is a semi-decent pass rush and corners with the talent to take away both Nicks and Cruz with at maximum 1 on 1 with safeties over the top for each.
    DRC is going to be a FA at the end of this year and I can only think that Nnamdi will get worse since he isn't exactly a young buck. Washington has some of the worst CBs in the league and since they don't have a 1st rounder in the next two drafts, they will have a tough time finding guys like Carr or Claiborne. I'm worried that Seattle and Chicago could pull it off against us if we have to go against them in the playoffs this year though.

They kept two safeties high and dared the Giants to run it and they couldn't. In addition they got good pressure with only 4 D-linemen. Sadly the vaunted Giant defense currently can not do either of these things.

That said, being able to design a good scheme for one team doesn't mean all that much. The Giants offense will adjust but I expect that Dallas games will remain close and tough just as they pretty much have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Most teams don't have the personnel to play this style.