+ Reply to Thread

Myers: This Year Could Be The Real Manning Bowl

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1194936

Excerpt: "Imagine this: Eli Manning vs. Peyton Manning, in an all-Manning Super Bowl XLVII in their hometown of New Orleans on Feb. 3, accompanied by world record hype, lots of fans from New York and Denver and records for gumbo sales.

Halfway through the season, it's beginning to look like it actually could happen.

It's been years since a Manning Bowl matchup in the Super Bowl was a realistic possibility. Peyton, the big brother, won the Super Bowl with the Colts following the 2006 season; little brother Eli won it the following season. They were off by one year.They've never even been in a conference championship game in the same season. Eli won the Super Bowl again last season while Peyton missed the season following neck surgery.

There's a new twist this season: Peyton is wearing a new uniform.

After an expected slow start as he continued to build up his arm strength, Peyton is on fire for the Broncos, who despite being just 4-3, could soon emerge as the best team in the AFC.

They are the only team over .500 in the AFC West and should have no trouble winning the division. Peyton has 17 TDs and only four INTs - and three of those came in the first quarter of the second game of the season in Atlanta. He has four straight games with at least three touchdown passes. He's completed 75.4% of his passes during this red-hot run with just one interception." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I can't believe the season Peyton is having, it's like he never left. And to do this with a new group of players? He's on pace for another MVP title.

Denver could make a real run. They have a run game and their defense is picking it up too. They need to cut down on turnovers and stupid mistakes and they'll be a force in the AFC

i personally would not like to see it.
    whichever brother lost would have a mighty cross to bear.
    let them each have great individual careers .

besides , Peyton (as per usual) won't get by Brady anyway.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I can't believe the season Peyton is having, it's like he never left. And to do this with a new group of players? He's on pace for another MVP title.
    How incredible would that be? Peyton misses a year due to surgery and then comes back with a new team and gets an MVP. Or even crazier, leads them to a Super Bowl.

I personally would love to see a Manning Bowl. But I have a feeling Archie and Olivia may both have strokes if that happens.

Peyton Manning should of won every MVP since the Colts started making the playoffs. Peyton Manning goes down and the Colts go 2-14. Tom Brady goes down and the Pats go 11-5. How can you even have a case anymore. Peyton is better then Brady, Brees, whoever. He is the best QB since Montana and Marino.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Peyton Manning should of won every MVP since the Colts started making the playoffs. Peyton Manning goes down and the Colts go 2-14. Tom Brady goes down and the Pats go 11-5. How can you even have a case anymore. Peyton is better then Brady, Brees, whoever. He is the best QB since Montana and Marino.
    put Brady on the Colts and he still gets 3 rings and Jim Mora is famous
    for 3 superbowl rings instead of being famous for saying "playoffs, did you say playoffs ?!!"

Peyton , just like Marino . chokes in the big games.

he has gone "one and done" 7 times !!

in the year they actually won the SB he threw only 2 TD's vs 6 int's in those playoffs
    and 1 td and 1 int the SB.

on the big stage he folds like a cheap tent.
    same thing in college at Tennessee.
    Last edited by stormblue; 10-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Def would like to see it... it'll be big for the ratings.

The Harbaugh Bowl is another possibility

The Ryan bowl is def out of the question!
    Last edited by PETEY006; 10-30-2012 at 12:13 PM.