+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stevie Brown

Stevie Brown

New York GiantsThe New York Giants had Stevie Brown on roster as of April 2, 2012.[13]. After replacing an injured Kenny Phillips in the 2012 NFL season, Brown has filled in admirably and leads the entire NFL in turnovers at seven, with five interceptions and two fumble recoveries as of 10/28/12.

That is a current fact. This guy has more than just "filled in" for Kenny Phillips. I think he should be a third down Nickel/Dime package PERMANENT spot. His awareness and play recognition are unbelievable...The interceptions he has are not poorly thrown passes, rather he is BALLHAWKING the play!!! Anybody else seeing this diamond in the rough??

I like the idea of him as nickel back, but no way does he replace Kenny Phillips when KP is healthy, as KP is far better at pass coverage as opposed to ballhawking (i.e., responsible for the elite TEs, ala Witton, Gonzales) and run stopping. Once KP and J.Williams returns, I think we'll see a dramatic improvement in our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WEG313 View Post
    I like the idea of him as nickel back, but no way does he replace Kenny Phillips when KP is healthy, as KP is far better at pass coverage as opposed to ballhawking (i.e., responsible for the elite TEs, ala Witton, Gonzales) and run stopping. Once KP and J.Williams returns, I think we'll see a dramatic improvement in our defense.
    agreed...KP is DEFINATELY best at Run D and coverage, just sayin I never heard of Brown, and all the sudden, he's pickin off passes right and left. We will have a solid secondary for a while.

Stevie plays a very aggressive style, which is great in PF's defense. Remember how many INTs Perry's defense had in Buffalo? He made average DBs look incredible with INTs and turnovers, and he finally is putting that stamp on our D. Unfortunately, he doesn't like to blitz much or use exotic blitzing, which was our strength in 2007 with that great defense.

5trive for Fiv5