+ Reply to Thread

Problem with our Running game is the lack of push!

To me. it is clearly obvious that the problem with our running game is not Bradshaw, but rather a lack of push from the line. They NEVER blow anyone off the ball. They do open holes at times, and when they do Bradshaw or Brown hits them well. But they NEVER blow anyone off the ball and create a solid push. They do a very nice job in pass protection, but it seems that our line is very limited in what they do well. That is why Dallas was able to neutralize our offense so well, and I think its also why you see the struggles inside the 20.
    I got no answers though.

Banned
    Why then can Andre Brown run well? The problem is Bradshaw runs right into the axx of his own lineman like he was shot out of a cannon.........he has no vision, no moves and cannot break tackles........the 1st guy rarely misses him

Our offensive line has been rather well this season.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I just strongly disagree with that assessment of Bradshaw. He has been making people miss and breaking tackles for 5 years here. I want Brown involved too. But I am dissapointed with the sentiments here of Bradshaw being the problem with our running game. he ran for 70 yards against dallas and there was hardly a hole the entire game.

I don't know, there was some pretty big holes opened up against the niners when we played them. I've always felt that Bradshaw is not a patient runner at the line of scrimmage and doesn't wait for the play to develop. Andre Brown did come in, get the ball 3 times, and ran for 21 yards. I'm not saying Bradshaw is not a good running back, I just don't know how instinctive he is, which is a huge part of being a great back. I just think Brown needs more touches, that is all.

I think the problem is that there is a big difference between a healthy, practicing Bradshaw and an unhealthy, unable to practive Bradshaw.

So far, I've seen both varieties in action, and I think the unhealthy Bradshaw needs to split more carries with Brown and Wilson.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

The offensive line doesn't fumble the football. Martellus Bennett got abused by Spencer and this was the main reason we could not hit the runs outside. Bruce Carter is a very athletic linebackers and hard for a lineman to get a clean block on him.

Quote Originally Posted by steviebrownyo View Post
    To me. it is clearly obvious that the problem with our running game is not Bradshaw, but rather a lack of push from the line. They NEVER blow anyone off the ball. They do open holes at times, and when they do Bradshaw or Brown hits them well. But they NEVER blow anyone off the ball and create a solid push. They do a very nice job in pass protection, but it seems that our line is very limited in what they do well. That is why Dallas was able to neutralize our offense so well, and I think its also why you see the struggles inside the 20.
    I got no answers though.
    I used to agree with you, but watching Brown utilize patience for creases to develop and then using his speed to get through to the second level I'm starting to see it more as a Bradshaw issue. Ahmad just runs, it seems, without any vision.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree rf. Brown presses the hole. I dunno if bradshaw knows how to do this surprisingly. Brown is very good at the critical point. He is patient when arriving at the los, then bursts thru even the smallest of the creases.. if bradshaw had that ability hed be a top 3 rb imho...need to see more of brown and what he can do for u ha and also, i hope the coaches are helping wilson take notice of browns style. If wilson can learn to press the hole like brown, he could be unstoppable with that burst of his, 5 yds everytime hole or not

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    I agree rf. Brown presses the hole. I dunno if bradshaw knows how to do this surprisingly. Brown is very good at the critical point. He is patient when arriving at the los, then bursts thru even the smallest of the creases.. if bradshaw had that ability hed be a top 3 rb imho...need to see more of brown and what he can do for u ha and also, i hope the coaches are helping wilson take notice of browns style. If wilson can learn to press the hole like brown, he could be unstoppable with that burst of his, 5 yds everytime hole or not
    I'd like to see Brown and Bradshaw become Bradshaw and Jacobs so we'd have a better feel for where the problem is and to get Brown, and Wilson for that matter, more involved in the offense. We're never going to know who the "hot hand" is unless we make a more even distribution of the workload.

I still believe the coaches know best, but I can hope
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80