+ Reply to Thread

Giants By The Numbers: Snap Counts, PFF Data

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/3...ounts-pff-data

Excerpt: "Here is this week's look at the snap counts data and Pro Football Focus scores for the New York Giants. After looking at these I have a question. How did the Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys?

Pro Football Focus numbers

Offense (Best)

Kevin Boothe (+2.7)
    Eli Manning (+2.6)
    Reuben Randle (+2.3)
    Chris snee (+1.2)

Offense (Worst)

Victor Cruz (-1.5) ... Targeted eight times, two catches, two drops.
    Sean Locklear (-1.8)
    Ahmad Bradshaw (-1.9) ... His rushing score was -2.5, which means PFF is saying he did not get the yardage that his blocking made available to him.
    David Baas (-3.5)
    Martellus Bennett (-4.1) ... PFF graded Bennett's run-blocking at a poor -3.9 for the day.

Defense (Best)

Chris Canty (+3.4) ... I know some of you want him higher in our weekly power rankings. Give it time, it will happen.
    Stevie Brown (+1.9)
    Chase Blackburn (+1.5)
    Jason Pierre-Paul (+1.5)

Defense (Worst)

Keith Rivers (-1.3)
    Michael Boley (-1.4)
    Linval Joseph (-1.4)
    Antrel Rolle (-1.5)
    Jayron Hosley (-2.6)
    Justin Tuck (-2.8)" Read more.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Surprised no C-web mention

Quote Originally Posted by DaKraken View Post
    Surprised no C-web mention
    I'm surprised Stevie Brown wasn't higher but good to see Canty and Boothe taking care of business
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

We even received the "loser's edit" in the PFF article for the game with one positive and two negative performances of note. Jason Witten received their game ball award but I think Canty did enough to earn it for the victorious team.

Oh and the Hosley hype needs to cool down a little bit. He hasn't been playing that great lately.