+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' Mark Herzlich Expected To Start On Sunday Against Pittsburgh Steelers

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/31/...urgh-steelers/

Excerpt: "With Chase Blackburn likely sidelined with a hamstring injury, the future is now for the New York Giants. The USA Today reports that Mark Herzlich isexpected to start at middle linebacker for Big Blue on Sunday when they face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Head coach Tom Coughlin all but admitted last week that #58 is being groomed for the starting role; that he's the middle linebacker of the future. However, he also made sure to note that he's learning from one of the smartest guys on the field."I think Mark will be a good middle backer going forward because he’s learning from a good one," Coughlin said. Adding that Blackburn is "most difficult" to force out of the starting job. "His acumen is so sharp. He takes great pride in the communication part of it. Mark has learned a lot from Chase." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

i'm intrested to see how he does.

Starter
    Well that kind of sucks, because Blackhburn has been very good.

next man up all over again
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Cool

Coughlin said. Adding that Blackburn is "most difficult" to force out of the starting job. "His acumen is so sharp. He takes great pride in the communication part of it. Mark has learned a lot "

there it is my devoted half-lings ,,,,,after 2 days of banter on these Shire boards ......your mighty leader......the great Gandolf has spoke the truth.

for those of us that are "coach speak" challenged let me translate for you .

as much as we really wanted someone who could actually play the MLB position we couldn't find anybody
    so we settled for Chase who at least knew the playbook and who's head was the right hat size for the radio helmet.
    now we hope it fits Herz.

"out of the mouths of babes" (and sometimes coaches) heh-heh.

there's about 20 threads i oughta go post this in , but sometimes ya just gotta let it go.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    Coughlin said. Adding that Blackburn is "most difficult" to force out of the starting job. "His acumen is so sharp. He takes great pride in the communication part of it. Mark has learned a lot "

there it is my devoted half-lings ,,,,,after 2 days of banter on these Shire boards ......your mighty leader......the great Gandolf has spoke the truth.

for those of us that are "coach speak" challenged let me translate for you .

as much as we really wanted someone who could actually play the MLB position we couldn't find anybody
    so we settled for Chase who at least knew the playbook and who's head was the right hat size for the radio helmet.
    now we hope it fits Herz.

"out of the mouths of babes" (and sometimes coaches) heh-heh.

there's about 20 threads i oughta go post this in , but sometimes ya just gotta let it go.
    Didn't we all know this? Chase is doing a great job, but we could have someone better in there. Right now, I'm not sure Herz is that option.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Didn't we all know this? Chase is doing a great job, but we could have someone better in there. Right now, I'm not sure Herz is that option.
    We will soon see

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We will soon see
    Our reserves always seem to be ready. Herz has been great on special teams, I think he'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Our reserves always seem to be ready. Herz has been great on special teams, I think he'll do fine.
    My only concern is can he call the signals.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    My only concern is can he call the signals.
    Wonder if we would have Boley do it again.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.