+ Reply to Thread

Giants' WR Victor Cruz Will Practice & More From An Afternoon Tea With Tom Coughlin

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/31/...-tom-coughlin/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants are 6-2 once again, but head coach Tom Coughlinwasn't interested in that as he took the podium for his weekly press conference. Instead, he was first focused on the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, wishing all well. Then, as you might expect, it was down to business.

The pre-practice injury report included a variety of new faces: David Baas (ankle), Antrel Rolle (concussion), Victor Cruz (calf), Rocky Bernard (quad), Chase Blackburn (hamstring), Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), Bear Pascoe (ankle),Kenny Phillips (knee), Keith Rivers (calf) and Jacquian Williams (knee).Of the players listed, Bradshaw, Pascoe, and Rolle will not practice. The good news is that Phillips, Bernard, Cruz and Baas will.

And in the event that Phillips is able to return this Sunday against thePittsburgh Steelers, what does that mean for safety Stevie Brown, who won NFC Player of the Week honors?"Stevie Brown has had an outstanding run here. We'll find ways to involve all [safeties]," Coughlin said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

man, i really dont know. i like phillips but how could you take brown off the field. one thing is for sure though. i dont think there will be any more doen grant threads on here. (not that there were any as of lately). its time to go back to the 3 safety look and let rolle play down in the box. i hope kp is healthy and rdy to go

with KP getting healthy we found during his absence that Stevie Brown is a good player resulting in more depth at that position!

we need everyone we can get for this game on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    man, i really dont know. i like phillips but how could you take brown off the field. one thing is for sure though. i dont think there will be any more doen grant threads on here. (not that there were any as of lately). its time to go back to the 3 safety look and let rolle play down in the box. i hope kp is healthy and rdy to go
    Does Brown become the short center fielder and off the edge pass rusher?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    I could be mistaken but because of the value put on versatility in Fewell's D, don't the safeties have to be able to play both FS and SS? In which case when Will Hill comes back we will have 4 very capable safeties and no worries about depth in that department. A very good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Does Brown become the short center fielder and off the edge pass rusher?
    honestly his sample size is probably too small for me to know how well he rushed to qb, but it seems to me like his knack for making a play on the ball has him so valuable as that short center fielder you mentioned.
    Let them blitz with one of our terrible corners like that cant cover anyone, and let brown sit back and there and make a play on the ball. agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by steviebrownyo View Post
    honestly his sample size is probably too small for me to know how well he rushed to qb, but it seems to me like his knack for making a play on the ball has him so valuable as that short center fielder you mentioned.
    Let them blitz with one of our terrible corners like that cant cover anyone, and let brown sit back and there and make a play on the ball. agreed?
    But you don't need to muscle the QB to the ground to make him ineffective. Whatever they do, they need to find something for Brown to do.

Is Jacquian practicing?