+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Victor Cruz Contract Agreement Turns Focus To Hakeem Nicks' Future As MemberOf NY Gia

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/31/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "As soon as news spread that Victor Cruz said his agents and the New YorkGiants were in agreement on the foundation of a contract, folks around here did two things: wait for the numbers and wonder how this will effect the looming negotiations with fellow wide receiver Hakeem Nicks.

While it's great news for the Giants have Cruz in the fold for the long haul, and we'll be interested to see if this contract reaches the highest echelons ofNFL stud wideout contracts (we doubt that it will), locking up Cruz is only half the picture." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Reoccurring injuries could play into the ultimate decision of do we pay or let go, when it comes to Nicks. I hope they find a way.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Reoccurring injuries could play into the ultimate decision of do we pay or let go, when it comes to Nicks. I hope they find a way.
    I think they will find a way since Nicks is ours until 2014. If he can stay healthy through the playoffs and start next season healthy there's every reason to believe Reese will find a way. I also believe the CAP rises in 2014 to make things a little easier
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think there is no way they let him walk. He'll be alright and plus he really stepped up in big games last year...I'm guessing he will do the same this year. I mean the guy missed all of training camp. Only way I see they don't is if Randle just goes off and proves to be more valuable then Nicks and Nicks gets seriously injured again.

Nicks is still a few years away from entering his prime, I hope he's a Giant when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/31/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "As soon as news spread that Victor

Cruz
    said his agents and the New YorkGiants were in agreement on the foundation of a contract, folks around here did two things: wait for the numbers and wonder how this will effect the looming negotiations with fellow wide receiver Hakeem Nicks.

While it's great news for the Giants have Cruz in the fold for the long haul,
    and we'll be interested to see if this contract reaches the highest echelons of
    NFL stud wideout contracts (we doubt that it will), locking up Cruz is only half the picture." Read more...
    So what to do with JJ? Try to trade him? He can't have much value or wait for him to leave when his contracts up? He won't unseat Cruz in the slot so we just keep paying him 400k per year to be inactive? The Cowboys were very interested in him before we snatched him up. I would hate for him to make us look foolish for taking him, not using him then go make plays for another team possibly in the NFC East. The kid showed in camp he can make plays. Even Eli was quoted in August saying JJ was beginning to display some special skils. Still hard to digest we can't find anyway to use his quickness, speed and elusiveness but we can keep Barden active so he can cover on kickoffs. RR is getting more snaps which seems to effect Bardens contribution as a receiver. Add in our continued Red Zone struggles and it's a headscratcher. Right now it looks like the Giants are content with wasting a 3rd round pick on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    So what to do with JJ? Try to trade him? He can't have much value or wait for him to leave when his contracts up? He won't unseat Cruz in the slot so we just keep paying him 400k per year to be inactive? The Cowboys were very interested in him before we snatched him up. I would hate for him to make us look foolish for taking him, not using him then go make plays for another team possibly in the NFC East. The kid showed in camp he can make plays. Even Eli was quoted in August saying JJ was beginning to display some special skils. Still hard to digest we can't find anyway to use his quickness, speed and elusiveness but we can keep Barden active so he can cover on kickoffs. RR is getting more snaps which seems to effect Bardens contribution as a receiver. Add in our continued Red Zone struggles and it's a headscratcher. Right now it looks like the Giants are content with wasting a 3rd round pick on him.
    You gotta let him go bro. Like you said he is not going to beat out Cruz in the slot and DW has been very good at KR we are just holding the kid back. Maybe if we let him go he'll find a home and will be good. It's a business and these things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    They will continue to develop Jernigan as they always have with players they believe have talent. He's probably good through his rookie contract. Barden's days, IMO, are numbered

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I was thinking the same thing too, but Nicks is a stud even when he plays hurt. I think he'll get paid.

i hope we keep Nicks! last year i was certain the Giants would keep Nicks forever! im not totally convinced of that right now!

a lot will depend on how he holds up going forward and how well Randle plays going forward!

if Randle is a Nicks "clone" as some have suggested that lessens Nicks value to the team imo especially if he continues with injuries!

personally i think he will be here but his salary may come in less than Cruzs! just my