+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Thursday and No Steelers fans in here. Classy Fan Base plus

with both areas being affected by the Storm their was no time for anyone to get on here and talk smack about a football game in the grand scheme of things.

but overall my experience with steelers fans is like ours. A lot of classy fans with a good knowledge of football with a RICH History. No need to talk smack.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think they only smack talk Ravens/Bengals/Browns & Cowboys fans.

All-Pro
    prob true... Nothing like the GB, SF and TB people we have encountered for sure

4-New York Giants!!!!!

No such thing as a classy fan base, my friend. Sure there may be classy individuals that can be found in many fanbases (even Philadelphia!), but for the most part if you think a fan base is classy its because they don't really have an opinion of your respective team... ask Baltimore fans what they think of Steelers fans. After enough meetings between both clubs, eventually the gloves come off.

How classy is that Packers fan base now?

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    prob true... Nothing like the GB, SF and TB people we have encountered for sure
    The Tampa fans were really cool. They had a sense of humor and didn't waste our time with walls of text trying to convince us how good their team was.

There's a layer of superficial schlubs who just shout "six pack! woo! Sixburgh! Woo!" but underneath it a good fanbase.

If they can tell you any factoid at all about the team before 1972 they are a real fan.

If they were Steelers fans prior to 72' I salute them! That organization was atrocious from like the 30's all the way up until 72'!

I still hate Plax for costing us a chance to meet & beat the Steelers in the 08' SB! I mean the freakin Cards almost beat em! We woulda smashed them! We beat both teams during the regular season that yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    No such thing as a classy fan base, my friend. Sure there may be classy individuals that can be found in many fanbases (even Philadelphia!), but for the most part if you think a fan base is classy its because they don't really have an opinion of your respective team... ask Baltimore fans what they think of Steelers fans. After enough meetings between both clubs, eventually the gloves come off.

How classy is that Packers fan base now?
    agree with everything you said... outside of that, " even Philadelphia " comment
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

The Tampa Guys were cool especially Schiano.
    ​​​

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    No such thing as a classy fan base, my friend. Sure there may be classy individuals that can be found in many fanbases (even Philadelphia!), but for the most part if you think a fan base is classy its because they don't really have an opinion of your respective team... ask Baltimore fans what they think of Steelers fans. After enough meetings between both clubs, eventually the gloves come off.How classy is that Packers fan base now?
    well we like you being here. And overall I don't hate the cowboys fanbase. Mostly good football talk. U get your few trolls that u can't reason with no matter what but its like that with moat teams

4-New York Giants!!!!!