+ Reply to Thread

Tomlin, Big Ben On Giants

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...18923/steelers

Excerpt: "The Giants and Steelers are two of the most storied franchises in the NFL. They are also two of the most successful, having won four of the past seven Super Bowls.

But Steelers coach Mike Tomlin isn't wrapped up in comparing the two organizations.

"I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it, no," Tomlin said Wednesday on a conference call with New York reporters. "I obviously see potentially how one could talk about some of the similarities, but we don't play them that often."

It's hard to develop a rivalry when you only play an opponent once every four years. The Giants and Steelers have played just twice since quarterbacks Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger both entered the league in 2004.

On Oct. 26, 2008, the Giants defeated the Steelers 21-14 in Pittsburgh. Manning led the Giants on one of his now-patented game-winning drives in the fourth quarter. Roethlisberger threw four interceptions and was sacked three times by Mathias Kiwanuka.

On Dec. 18, 2004, the Steelers defeated the Giants 33-30 at Giants Stadium. Manning played well in just his fifth NFL start, but Roethlisberger was better, throwing for 316 yards and leading a game-winning drive of his own.

The series returns to the Meadowlands on Sunday afternoon. "We know it's going to be tough, going to New York and playing the Giants at their place," said Roethlisberger, also on a conference call with New York reporters Wednesday." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"On Oct. 26, 2008, the Giants defeated the Steelers 21-14 in Pittsburgh. Manning led the Giants on one of his now-patented game-winning drives in the fourth quarter. Roethlisberger threw four interceptions and was sacked three times by Mathias Kiwanuka."

I think it's time to give Kiwi more time at DE at Osi's expense. The DE's need to get to the QB more.

When's J Will scheduled to come back?

I have a lot of respect for the Steelers. Big Ben is a great QB and Mike Tomlin is one of the best head coaches in the game today.

It feels good to play a well respected opponent this weekend with mostly classy fans. Should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I have a lot of respect for the Steelers. Big Ben is a great QB and Mike Tomlin is one of the best head coaches in the game today.

It feels good to play a well respected opponent this weekend with mostly classy fans. Should be a good game.
    Exactly my sentiments

One of the classiest organizations in the NFL who always play hard nosed football. I'm really looking forward to this game, it will be tough but we will see some great football!

This.....I am even having some Steeler fans over for our Giants/Steelers chili cookoff!!! We do it every time they play each other.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    This.....I am even having some Steeler fans over for our Giants/Steelers chili cookoff!!! We do it every time they play each other.
    NO CHILDREN!!!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    NO CHILDREN!!!
    Yeah.....that's the new rule. The last get together THOROUGHLY expanded some children's vocabulary....and not in a good way.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin