+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Have $2.2 Million In Cap Space, Seventh Least In NFL

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/01/...-least-in-nfl/

Excerpt: "New York Giants General MangerJerry Reese is known for playing things close to the salary cap and at the rough midway point of the 2012 season we see no exception: only six NFL teams have less cap space than the Giants $2.2 million. TheJacksonville Jaguars lead the league with $20.1 million and the San Francisco 49ers bringing up the rear with a mere $579,000.

Hat tip to the boys atProfootballtalk.com, who present these NFLPA numbers (i.e. not the League's version) of the numbers just in case things start to rattle near todays 4 p.m.NFL trade deadline." Read more..
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Damn 49ers are low, and they don't even have a franchise QB.

It probably won't happen, but if a trade could happen, I'd look for the Giants to trade a RB or WR. Maybe Scott? Maybe Jernigan or Barden?

Also we now have 5 DTs (Canty, Bernard, Joseph, Kuhn and Austin) and 5 Safties (Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Brown and Hill). We normally wont carry 5 of those positions.

But like I said, I doubt they trade anyone.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Veteran
    Scott, Jernigan and Barden have trade value?

Whay would a team sit on 20million like Jax? Why wouldnt you use that 20 to frontload a few contracts, effectively puttin cap in the bank for future seasons?

If we had 20, we could front load Eli and JPP, leaving waaay more cash available for next year to do with what we like right? Seems like faulty management to me but surely there mus be a factor I am missing?

Veteran
    Hill is also a nickel. Austin may be inactive very soon.

As for JAX - who would you want them to frontload - not much talent there to give contracts to. JPP and Eli are two of the best at there positions that doesn't come around often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    It probably won't happen, but if a trade could happen, I'd look for the Giants to trade a RB or WR. Maybe Scott? Maybe Jernigan or Barden?

Also we now have 5 DTs (Canty, Bernard, Joseph, Kuhn and Austin) and 5 Safties (Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Brown and Hill). We normally wont carry 5 of those positions.

But like I said, I doubt they trade anyone.
    Can't trade Scott, he's on IR. Can't trade Hill, he's suspended.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Whay would a team sit on 20million like Jax? Why wouldnt you use that 20 to frontload a few contracts, effectively puttin cap in the bank for future seasons?
    They likely are not as profitable as they want to be for whatever reasons; tickets aren't selling out, not enough merchandise sales etc. Arizona use to sit on 20-30 million every season for reasons like this.

I expect the Giants to climb that list after giving Cruz a new contract to spend of that $2.2 million now instead of spending more salary cap space for future years.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    They likely are not as profitable as they want to be for whatever reasons; tickets aren't selling out, not enough merchandise sales etc. Arizona use to sit on 20-30 million every season for reasons like this.
    I knew I was missing something. We have plenty of revenue, not everyone else does.