+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Antrel Rolle Returns To Practice, Chase Blackburn Still Sidelined

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "On Wednesday, Tom Coughlin said safety Antrel Rolle would need to pass the league mandated concussion protocol before returning to the field. It appears as though he has.

Rolle missed practice Wednesday, but is out there today. He suffered the concussion late in the Giants' 29-24 win over the Cowboys Sunday.

Fellow starting safety Kenny Phillips was also practicing. Phillips returned to practice in limited fashion last week and practiced fully yesterday for the first time since sustaining a sprained MCL against the Eagles in Week 4." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Getting KP back is good news however, I don't want to see Brown off the field. he's proved to be a beast in the secondary. Don't care who or why, but he should be " starting"... Go Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Getting KP back is good news however, I don't want to see Brown off the field. he's proved to be a beast in the secondary. Don't care who or why, but he should be " starting"... Go Giants!!
    We may see more 3 safety schemes, especially with Chase hurting
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ^ this

Three safety sets look extremely likely, when KP is on his game he's a top 5 and Brown is a ballhawk with Rolle mixing it up, I would love all three out at once just to tear it up in the back end

Interesting thought. If Rolle covers the slot and plays short on running downs allowing him to call the defense if Herzlich isn't ready. Rolle seems to like playing short and stuffing the run and Perry Fewell sure likes his hybrid positions.

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...4-956009649d2e

Quote Originally Posted by DemandedAce View Post
    Three safety sets look extremely likely, when KP is on his game he's a top 5 and Brown is a ballhawk with Rolle mixing it up, I would love all three out at once just to tear it up in the back end
    I like KP as much as the next guy, but lets not fool ourselves. He is by no means a top 5 safety in this league.