+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

#Steelers can't find hotel in New York. Will leave Pittsburgh Sunday morning, return

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina....League normally requires visiting teams to be in town for next game 24 hours prior to kickoff...Guess Steelers are getting a waiver due to the power issues Sandy left behind.

Advantage Giants!?
    ALL IN!

That is a definite Home Field Advantage for us, the Steelers will not be happy about this.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Steelers had hotel booked. But it has no power and won't be taking guests
    ALL IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckit91 View Post
    Steelers had hotel booked. But it has no power and won't be taking guests
    I was gonna say....don't tell me these guys don't book hotels way in advance....

Over half of the Giants players have homes with no power. Others were living with other players with power. Practice has been compromised.

NO home field advantage at all. Both team will be slightly less prepared.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I wonder if the league will look into postponing the game to Monday or Tuesday?

That is a huge advantage for the Giants... they should really postpone it to be add a little bit of fairness. Watch the Giants still lose... we're known for this.

it's definitely a home field advantage for us. some players may not have power but they have a support system here - friends, family and other players. arriving at a game that morning should be a disadvantage for the steelers.

Veteran
    That is a brutal drive to make before playing. Can't they get some hotels in northeastern PA that can cut down on that drive? It's like 5-6 hours or something to Pittsburgh isnt it?

In all seriousness it's probably best to have as few people visiting a declared state of emergency area -- especially when things like food and gas are at a premium in some places.
    Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
    -Eli Manning