+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three-Safety Package Making A Return To Giants' Defensive Arsenal

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/11/1...e-stevie-brown

Excerpt: "The three-safety package the New York Giants employed so often in 2010 and 2011 with Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips and Deon Grant is about to be re-introduced to the team's defensive playbook.

With Kenny Phillips declaring that he is ready to return to the lineup for the first time since injuring his knee in Week 4, and super-sub Stevie Brownleading the NFL in takeaways with seven, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell admitted Thursday he will be dusting off the three-safety look to get them all on the field.

Fewell said that he will "go full-bore" with the three-safety look.

"All of them are good players. That's a good problem to have that Kenny (Phillips) is back," Fewell said. "Initially, we were using Jacquian Williams, as a linebacker, to alternate as a big safety. Since he went down, and Stevie's emerged, we get Kenny back, our plans can totally focus on a three-safety package with three good players in there." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Good to have them back and good for Stevie Brown, will Hill to get playing time and see the field to give the older guy's a little bit of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Good to have them back and good for Stevie Brown, will Hill to get playing time and see the field to give the older guy's a little bit of rest.
    Does Hill come back next week?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Does Hill come back next week?
    I have no idea actually. You're the awesome news guy! You tell me. Still, if he does come back, that would be amazing. Time to hit hard on the long stretch.

All-Pro
    The last game Hill played was the Browns game. I think this week is his last week off.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I have no idea actually. You're the awesome news guy! You tell me. Still, if he does come back, that would be amazing. Time to hit hard on the long stretch.
    Man, the pressure is SO intense. Yes, his last game under suspension is the Steelers
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-01-2012 at 08:45 PM.

# 80

Will Hill returns AFTER the Steelers game and can report to practice the very next day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Will Hill returns AFTER the Steelers game and can report to practice the very next day.
    I wonder Who they cut or move to the practice squad to make room for Hill? Sash?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I wonder Who they cut or move to the practice squad to make room for Hill? Sash?
    Maybe Petrus with Canty back

# 80

brown is a ballhawk, what a pickup