+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game Attendance Thread

Just wondering who's going to the game among season ticket holders? Talked to a few people who sit around me at the game who in total have 8 tickets and only one person with 2 tickets is going. The other 2 people aren't going as of now because they have no gas or not eneough gas to get to Giants Stadium. Hope this does not become a widespread problem.

If the stadium is half full (I doubt that will be the case), then so be it. I'm not sure who you're worried for? The players? The owners? - They'll live.

Michael Coe tweeted last night that he "ran out of gas trying to get gas" and "there isn't an ounce of gas left in jersey"

I would expect attendance to be measurably down. The gasoline situation alone will keep many people away and with so many homes without power there are far more things to take care of. My son, who lives in Connecticut, is going with a friend but they made it through the storm relatively unscathed which si a first for him.

NJ Governor Christie is now alloowing gas reatilers to get product from out of state which should halpe the situation as they wait for local refineries to come back online.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

A good friend of mine is a season ticket holder (4) and is taking my girlfriend and I. We're from CT and got lucky as far as storm damage.

LET'S GO BLUE!

We should expect to see some empty areas of the stadium on Sunday. Some things in life are just more important, and unavoidable.

I don't think the place is going to be as empty as some. The only evidence I have is that stubhub prices don't look to have come down much. I would think people would be selling them for peanuts if the demand was so low. If the stadium is going to half empty, wouldnt people be trying to get a least something for them?

Oh, I'm not suggesting that the place will be half empty. It likely just wont be packed like we are used to seeing it. If I had to endure that kind of destruction, the last thing I'd be thinking about would be a football game.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsin04 View Post
    I don't think the place is going to be as empty as some. The only evidence I have is that stubhub prices don't look to have come down much. I would think people would be selling them for peanuts if the demand was so low. If the stadium is going to half empty, wouldnt people be trying to get a least something for them?
    Yea but the people theyd be trying to see the tickets to would be in the same situation storm wise as they are in. so they prob wouldnt be in a position to buy them or to be able to get to the stadium
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    NFL will never postpone a game due to the NFL Schedule. It would mess everything up. They only way theyd do it is if both teams had the same Bye week and that is not the case. Moving it to monday or tuesday night would not make that much of a difference as the Problems that are Storm related will take months and in some cases years to fix, so a few days wont matter in this case and all it would do is mess up the Prep for the Giants and Steelers for their games next weekend if they played on Monday or Tuesday night.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***