+ Reply to Thread

NEWS, NOTES, RUMORS, AND GOSSIP: BLUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2011 - 11:25 A.M.

HERE NOW THE NEWS

THE DATA WILL UPDATE THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND SHOW THE UPDATE TIME IN THE HEADER.

THERE IT WENT, GIANTS, THERE IT WENT!!

NEWARK STAR LEDGER

GIANTS' OSI UMENYIORA, JAKE BALLARD DOUBTFUL FOR SATURDAY'S GAME VS. JETS

Excerpt: "On a short week, the injury news for the Giants doesn't seem to be getting
    much better.

Defensive end Osi Umenyiora is unlikely to be ready for Saturday's game
    against the Jets, Tom Coughlin indicated on a conference call this afternoon.
    The two-time Pro Bowl selection is still out with a high-ankle sprain suffered
    last month against the Saints.

"I'm duly concerned because we were hoping we'd have him back," Coughlin
    said. "We're going to take it day-to-day but we'd really have to have some major
    improvement to say he can go."

Meanwhile, tight end Jake Ballard is expected to "miss some time" with an
    injury to the posterior cruciate ligament in his knee suffered on Sunday against
    the Redskins, according to Tom Coughlin. The Giants' coach said it's an old
    injury Ballard's had but that he's hoping it won't be a season-ending deal.

Making matters worse is backup tight end Bear Pascoe's rib injury.

"We'll see how much that affects him when we prepare to practice (Tuesday),"
    Coughlin said.

Plus, tight end Travis Beckum is also dealing with a chest issue that
    sidelined him against the Redskins.

The good news is wide receiver/special-teams contributor Devin Thomas
    suffered a neck burner, not a structural issue and has been cleared to practice
    this week." Read more...

GIANTS, REDSKINS GAME REVIEW: QUESTIONING THE COACHING IN THIS ONE

Excerpt: "
    Y’all know me. Y’all know what I do for a
    livin’. I’ll catch this bird for ya…

Don’t ask me why I’m
    quoting Quint
    . There’s really no good reason except the first sentence I was
    going to write was, “You all know me.” Guess I’m just trying to cheer you up.
    Did it work?

Anyway, as I was saying, you all know me. You know how reluctant I am to say,
    “That was a poorly coached game.” Most of the time, I look to the execution (or
    lack thereof) as the reason things don’t work out on the field. It drives many
    of you nuts because you love to throw darts at the coaches but I see what I see
    and often defend the staff.

Not Sunday. Not at MetLife Stadium. Not for the home team.

That, in my estimation, was a poorly coached game.

This is not to exonerate the players at all. As you’ll see below, they’re
    culpable as well. But as you’ll also see below, there were a lot of decisions
    from the coaches with which I do not agree. And this isn’t Monday morning
    quarterbacking here; I scratched my head when I saw these things live.

Let’s get through this quickly, as I have a strong sense you’re not
    interested in dwelling on this one.

GAME BALLS

S Kenny Phillips. Lost in all of the issues Sunday was the
    fact he made a heckuva read and play on the ball on his interception. So good I
    still gave him a game ball here despite a head-scratcher of a face-mask penalty
    to help kick start the Redskins’ first touchdown drive. I’m not sure why
    Phillips continued to grab and yank FB Darrel Young’s face mask. He should’ve
    realized what he was doing a lot sooner than he did.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul. On his sack, he got to Redskins QB
    Rex Grossman in 2.0 seconds. Grossman carried out the
    play-action fake and then turned to see Pierre-Paul already only 2 yards away
    from him. Why WR Niles Paul didn’t chip him at the line I have
    no idea. The Redskins paid attention to him for most of the day (which is why
    the Giants stood him up and looped him around to create a pressure later on) but
    let him come off the line clean there. Obviously, the two negatives on the day
    were his failure to recognize Young had the ball on his TD run and his
    roughing-the-passer penalty on the next drive for helmet-to-helmet contact.
    Otherwise, Pierre-Paul was excellent once again, including on another tipped
    field goal that still made it through.

Giants manager of special events Jeff Conroy. He did a nice
    job of making sure the New Providence High School marching band didn’t play at
    halftime while Devin Thomas was lying on the turf. They were ready to go. I’m
    sure Conroy feels badly the band didn’t get to play, but that was absolutely the
    proper call out of respect for Thomas. Good job by him and the Giants there.

FREE-PASS PURGATORY

DE Justin Tuck. If you need proof he isn’t himself, watch
    the play on which Phillips was flagged. It was an end around to Paul, who plants
    his foot in the turf to juke Tuck, whose lower-leg issues are preventing him
    from making any change-of-direction moves. Watch how slowly his body reacts to
    what his mind wants him to do.

QB Eli Manning. He started 0-for-6. Brutal, right? Until you
    consider he basically threw two balls away because nobody was open and had the
    next two dropped. And frankly, I’m having trouble finding fault with him for
    much of Sunday’s game. The interception by Hall was a bad throw and decision.
    The one to RB D.J. Ware could’ve been thrown better but wasn’t fully his fault.
    (See below.) And the third one was a result of Mario Manningham’s stopping his
    route. So if you thought Manning reverted to bad form a bit Sunday, I’d suggest
    looking again.

S Antrel Rolle. I’m honestly not sure where to put him? Do I
    give him a gasser for missing a tackle on a third-and-16 in the first quarter
    and another one on Young’s TD run, plus the 20-yard pass he allowed to Moss on
    third-and-11? (He said on WFAN today there were “reasons” he didn’t make the
    tackle on Young, clearly once again suggesting he’s playing through injuries.)
    Do I give him a game ball for having the courage to say some things others
    might’ve kept inside? Or do I leave him here because it all balanced out? You
    tell me. This one’s for the people.

LT David Diehl. I actually agree with him when he says he
    was at
    a disadvantage for over a quarter
    . Orakpo made the play at the right time.
    Otherwise, Diehl held his own.

GASSERS

Coach Tom Coughlin. Among other things you’ll read below,
    his decision to challenge Atogwe’s pick was a terrible one. His previous six
    losses have been awfully close; this one wasn’t. Fox showed the perfect angle
    right away that made it clear the ball never hit the ground. That should’ve been
    enough for whomever lets Coughlin know whether to challenge. So I suppose the
    real gasser here is for the guys in the box. But the job of Coughlin and his
    staff Sunday was arguably the worst of the season.

Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. After the game, I was
    chatting with the honorable Vinny DiTrani, The Record’s NFL guru who is now in
    semi-retirement and only covers home games. We were talking about how much zone
    Fewell has played of late. My point was I had a feeling Fewell would shy away
    from man coverage after the debacle in New Orleans. I
    had recommended ahead of time playing a lot of man
    that night and that’s
    what Fewell did. The Saints won. It happens. But Fewell has gone back to a
    zone-heavy scheme with a bunch of guys better served to play man. You can see by
    the way they don’t react to receivers running through their zone it’s not the
    strength of their game. This team has to go down playing aggressive, tight man
    coverage.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride. This is the most
    reluctant of my coaching gassers because he schemed and called some plays to
    allow guys to run free in the secondary. Still, I didn’t like the way the Giants
    took shots deep down the field on third-and-manageable. The worst example of
    this was when they had third-and-6 from the Redskins’ 18 and ran three routes
    near the goal line. It was covered and took too long to develop, leading to a
    sack for a loss of 8 yards and, consequently, a missed 44-yard field goal by
    Lawrence Tynes.

WR Hakeem Nicks. I don’t know that I’ve ever given him a
    gasser. He had a few drops. It happens. I would expect a big bounce-back
    performance this weekend.

CB Prince Amukamara. Look, we understand how difficult it’s
    been for rookies and free agents this season. The Giants’ coaches and players
    understand that, which is why they’re trying to be patient with Amukamara. But
    obviously, they believed he needed to be pulled from the game. Some of the
    mistakes he’s making are because of complex reads that are tough for rookies.
    (Which is why he got a pat on the helmet by CB Corey Webster after failing to
    get to WR Santana Moss on his TD.) There are others he should know not to make,
    such as the one on the 16-yard pass from Grossman to WR Jabar Gaffney. Amukamara
    was playing off coverage there because it was third-and-14. What he has to do is
    maintain outside leverage and not allow Gaffney to spin toward the sideline as
    he did to pick up an extra 8 yards and the first down.

Manningham. By now, he can’t be making critical mistakes
    such as the one he made on the interception in the end zone.

UNDER-THE-RADAR PLAY

This is the first of my second guesses. And again, I wouldn’t lie to you,
    it was a first guess.

It was the first play after Redskins S Reed Doughty tackled
    Nicks for a pass-interference penalty that moved the ball to the 3-yard line.
    Allow me to repeat: the 3-yard line.

The reason for my reiteration is I wouldn’t be shocked if we learned the
    Giants thought the ball was going to be placed closer to the goal line, because
    they sent in their “jumbo” personnel. That means two backs and three tight ends.
    It’s what we usually see only when the ball is inside the 2. But once more, it
    was at the 3.

As soon as I saw the personnel in the huddle, I didn’t have high hopes for
    the play. And rightfully so, because a run by Brandon Jacobs to
    the right lost a yard. And it was a huge, huge yard because two plays later,
    Ware was ruled to not have control yet at the goal line after a replay review.
    The ball was moved back to the 2, which was a bad spot because he seemed to
    maintain control at the 1. That’s a long way of saying I believe the yard lost
    on first down would’ve made the Ware play a touchdown, not to mention the
    first-down play could’ve picked up yardage had they come out in a better
    personnel package. A touchdown during that sequence and it’s a 13-point game
    with 9 minutes to go. Still no guarantee the Giants come back, but they were
    moving the ball while playing solid defense. It was doable.

In short, I know
    a lot happens between plays
    , but the Giants have to get that personnel
    grouping correct right there. When you don’t, you saw what can happen.

SECOND GUESSES

If you watched our postgame video, you heard me say this already: why didn’t
    the Giants put the sun to their receivers’ backs to start the game? They lost
    the toss, so the Redskins took the ball. After that, you do the next-best thing
    to give yourself an early advantage. That should be defending the goal onto
    which the sun is shining. It’s what we were always told when I played in high
    school – unless there was significant wind. Coughlin said he chose to defend the
    east end zone because of wind issues. But the wind was only 9 mph and didn’t
    seem to be blowing the flags on the goal post very much. The sun bothered Nicks
    and WR Victor Cruz on two plays that could’ve been long
    completions.

Speaking of the Cruz play, I thought that was an excellent non-call on DB
    Byron Westbrook. Much as the crowd, the Giants and Troy
    Aikman
    wanted a call, Westbrook barely touched Cruz. It wasn’t the
    greatest body control you’ll ever see from a defensive back, but that’s not the
    point. It’s just like when people are yelling for a face-guarding penalty (which
    doesn’t exist). Just because it looks bad doesn’t mean it’s a penalty.

Back to the coaching second guesses. Actually, this one was another first
    guess. I had a huge, huge problem with Coughlin’s lack of a timeout after TE
    Logan Paulsen’s 10-yard catch to make it fourth-and-1 at the
    Giants’ 31 with 1:49 left in the first half. Coughlin started to call timeout
    but then realized the Redskins were planning to go for it, so he stopped
    himself. The reason is he didn’t want to give them more time on their drive.
    Here’s my point, though: those 40 seconds the ‘Skins ran off the clock didn’t
    matter to them. By the time they ran the clock down, they had 31 yards to go for
    a touchdown in a little over a minute plus all three timeouts. Time wasn’t a
    factor; downs were. So if Coughlin calls a timeout and the Redskins convert on
    fourth-and-1, no big deal. It’s basically the same situation as not calling one.
    But when he didn’t call one and the Redskins milked the clock before throwing an
    incompletion on fourth down, the Giants got the ball back with exactly a minute
    left instead of 1:40. They kicked a field goal to make it 17-3 at halftime when,
    with more time on the clock, they could’ve scored a touchdown. You’re down 17-0.
    You have to do something to get your team going. Take a shot. And again, it
    wasn’t even a “shot,” so to speak. There was no downside to calling timeout.
    That’s terrible clock management right there.

Another decision I still don’t get is why the Giants didn’t dress DT
    Jimmy Kennedy. They knew Washington is a run-heavy team but
    dressed only three DTs. The extra spot went to rookie RB/KR Da’Rel
    Scott
    . He and WR/KR Jerrel Jernigan were active in the
    same game for the first time since Week 9. I can’t kill the Giants for this one
    because the run defense held the Redskins to 3.1 yards per carry. I just don’t
    know why Kennedy, who played well in his limited role early in the season, is
    having trouble getting a uniform these days.

ODDS AND (TIGHT) ENDS

Why was Manning looking for Ware downfield on his first interception? And why
    was Ware in the slot and running that seam route? Because that’s the Giants’
    “Detroit” package, which usually includes TE Travis Beckum as
    the slot receiver. Beckum was inactive and the Giants chose to have Ware replace
    him. Don’t blame Manning here; he made the correct read because the Redskins
    blitzed off that side and Atogwe overran Ware to cover Cruz. Ware’s inexperience
    in that position led to his not bending the route more toward the middle of the
    field. That’s why Manning gestured the way he did after the play and why Fox
    cameras showed him gesturing for Ware to convert his route more toward the post
    than up the seam.

Did you see what the Redskins did to convert a third-and-12 in the first
    quarter? Hint: it’s what teams have been doing to the Giants all year. They ran
    a crosser in front of LB Jacquian Williams and then ran an in
    cut behind him. The crosser was Moss and WR Donte’ Stallworth
    caught the ball behind Williams for 19 yards and a first down. Williams seemed
    discombobulated by Moss’ presence, even though he was only 4 yards off the ball.
    He didn’t get his feet under him and didn’t get deep enough to affect the throw
    to Moss. After the catch, Phillips and Rolle are staring at Williams. They
    didn’t chew him out but you could tell they’re frustrated by an issue that’s
    been bugging this defense all season.

I still have no idea what DT Chris Canty did to draw a
    personal-foul penalty on Webster’s interception to start the game. Sorry, wish I
    had more for you there. Fox never showed a replay and I didn’t make it to
    Canty’s locker postgame.

CB Aaron Ross wasn’t flagged for launching into Grossman on
    Grossman’s second interception. I guess that’s legal. Who knew? Referee
    Alberto Riveron was watching the hit closely, so it’s not like
    he missed it. I know you can’t launch into defenseless receivers, per a recent
    rule change, but quarterbacks apparently don’t fall into that same category.
    That being said, Ross has to be careful because leaping high into a quarterback
    will cause helmet-to-helmet contact more often than not.

I’m not the biggest Joe Buck fan, but the “All you analysts
    up here guessing coverage. How do you sleep at night?” line was absolute gold,
    Jerry. Gold

I’m convinced when Rolle rolled his eyes after saying they should’ve created
    more “opportunities” he was talking about the wasted interceptions in the first
    half. I’m sure he was also thinking about the two Giants drives that lasted all
    of two plays.

I wrote on Friday LB Mathias Kiwanuka would have to be a
    factor in keeping the run contained
    . He came too far upfield on one play but
    otherwise did a real nice job on the edge once again. And I’m not sure if when
    Coughlin talked about adjustments to the Redskins’ running game he meant that
    pitch play they designed to run up the middle but that’s a nice little
    wrinkle.

And finally, it wasn’t quite game-ball worthy because they were so limited
    but the offensive line, as well as Bradshaw and Jacobs, did a good job on the
    ground once again. They picked up 5.1 yards per carry and Bradshaw had the nifty
    catch he kicked to himself. Good stuff. They'll need more of it in the next two
    weeks." Read more...

GIANTS' DEON GRANT SAYS PRINCE AMUKAMARA NOT READY

"Cornerback Prince Amukamara began his NFL career with an interception on one
    of his first plays against the Eagles in Week 10. Since then, it's been a trying
    time for the rookie and his struggles continued in the first half yesterday
    against Washington, culminating in his benching at halftime.

Veteran safety Deon Grant -- citing Amukamara missing offseason workouts due
    to the lockout and the preseason and a chunk of the season due to a fractured
    foot -- has a simple answer as to why Amukamara has been struggling: he isn't
    ready.

Grant said he pulled the first-round pick to the side during halftime of the
    disappointing Giants' 23-10 loss "for a long talk" and told him "don't let your
    confidence drop on this situation."

"I told him, ‘you got every physical attribute to play this game and go
    against any receiver,’" Grant said at a holiday food drive event in Brooklyn
    today. "I said, ‘but right now, you’re just not ready for that.’ Not saying that
    he won’t be ready, it’s not taking anything from him, but me being in the game
    for a minute, physically he made plays through the stretch since he’s been back,
    but I’ve just been seeing him struggle.

"I’ve been having conversations with him on a weekly basis. He’s just a tough
    kid so even though he knows in his mind he might not be ready, he’s not going to
    tell anybody...It’s natural. It’s bad because of the situation that he’s facing
    with the absence of mini camps and OTAs and just having the playbook early.
    "

Grant said defensive coordinator Perry Fewell cleared the communication
    problems that had been hampering the secondary for weeks and players were just
    getting beat. But to him, it wasn't just Amukamara.

"Corey [Webster is doing a good job, [Aaron] Ross has been doing a good job
    but I think Ross got...he wasn’t really himself last week," Grant said. "He
    played solid, but he wasn’t really himself last week and we already talked about
    Prince."

Grant said the secondary's weakness has been thinking too much and there is a
    reluctance to physically challenge receivers as a result -- and it will need to
    change Saturday against the Jets.

"When we’re not having those miscommunications and all that other stuff,
    Corey is doing it more as far as challenging and being more aggressive instead
    of always playing safe. But I think that’s our weakness right now," Grant said.

"We’re trying to play safe a little bit too much. We don’t know how to
    transition – and I’m not going to say all of us – but we don’t know how to
    transition the coaching to, ‘Alright, now you have to go out there and be a
    football player.’ And I think that’s what we have backtracked to now. And I
    think when we get back to being physical, being aggressive, challenging
    receivers, then we’ll be successful."

Grant wouldn't comment on what Antrel Rolle said after the game about players
    needing to overcome injuries during the week to practice.

"If he didn’t call anybody out I can’t talk about it," he said. "If he didn’t
    call anybody out I can’t really speak on it. I won’t speak on it anyway because
    I think 'Trel makes statements so I stay out of situations with individuals
    doing what they have to do in the media."

REX RUAN SAYS "IT'S ON" BETWEEN GIANTS AND JETS IN BATTLE FOR NEW YORK

"The Jets-Giants Christmas Eve showdown has been looming all season. Coach Rex
    Ryan wasted no time in setting the tone this week, declaring on a conference
    call this morning that he thinks the Jets are a better team than the Giants and
    will not play second fiddle to their cross-town foes.

"Quite honestly, I never came here to be little brother to anybody," Ryan
    said. "So, it’s on."

The big brother-little brother reference traces to Ryan's recent book, "Play
    Like You Mean It," in which he boldly deemed the Jets the "big brother" of New
    York football. He didn't back down.

"Certainly, we were the better team the first two years," Ryan said. "We made
    the playoffs and went to the championship game. To say a team’s better than you
    that never made the playoffs, just is ridiculous. Clearly, we were the better
    team my first two years. And we get to prove it on Saturday who the best team is
    this year."

The Jets and Giants only play in the regular season once every four years, so
    Ryan said it would be "foolish" not to acknowledge there are some serious city
    bragging rights at stake. Both teams are also fighting for their playoff lives
    and, while a loss Saturday would not eliminate either team, it would make its
    push much harder.

Ryan had praise for Giants defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul, saying he is
    "playing as good as anybody in the league," and also said he has "immense"
    respect for coach Tom Coughlin. But when it comes down to it?

"I recognize that they’re an excellent football team, but I think we’re
    better," Ryan said.

He added: there’s no way I’m going to be second fiddle. If we were playing
    the New York Yankees, I don’t want to be second fiddle to them. So, it’s the
    same type of deal; that’s kind of my approach here. I want to be the best team
    in football, not just be the best team in this city. But we’ll start by being
    the best team in the city."

Ryan said each team's loss this weekend -- the Jets to the Eagles, the Giants
    to the Redskins -- may take away "a little bit" from the game, but he still
    predicted a "knock down, drag out." The Jets are technically the home team, and
    he implored Jets fans to keep their tickets, though he acknowledged that might
    be a tough task if "the price is right."

The victor on Saturday, he said, will be able to look at its opponent and
    say, "Yeah, you’ve got a good team, but we beat you, and that’s as simple as
    that." Ryan said this showdown will be the end-all, be-all to any such argument.
    He's "planning" on winning.

"There's a lot of talk going back and forth, most of it driven by me," Ryan
    said. "But you know what, I’ll stand by anything I have ever said. I didn’t come
    here to be anybody’s little brother, I came here to win, to be looked at that
    way. And to take over not just this city and everything else, even though it is
    the city to take over, but also this league. I haven't accomplished that yet;
    Saturday, I think, will go a long way to doing that. We have to win this game,
    we have to get in the playoffs, and the Giants have to do the same. So it is
    going to be huge."

Ryan added: "Quite honestly, both of us are having disappointing years, but
    it comes down to who beats who. It doesn't matter about other things. You're
    basically the same record, everything is at stake, so the proof is in the
    pudding. Whoever wins this game is clearly the best team in New York."

##

GIANTS SHOW DIFFICULTY OF 2-MINUTE OFFENSE AS REDSKINS' PASS RUSH CAUSES TROUBLE IN LOSS

Excerpt: "For those who say the Giants run the
    2-minute offense so well they should run it all game long, David Diehl has a
    reason why it’s not feasible.

Diehl had to face Redskins pass rusher Brian Orakpo on every play, thus
    giving the two-time Pro Bowl selection a bunch of chances to get near Eli
    Manning.

Orakpo did just that at a key moment in the Redskins’ 23-10 victory over the
    Giants yesterday when he got the edge on Diehl on fourth-and-goal from the 2.
    Diehl grabbed Orakpo around the neck, which the officials ruled was a holding
    penalty to negate a touchdown pass from Manning to Hakeem Nicks that could’ve
    made it a 13-point game with 9:01 to play.

“I had him locked up. He ripped underneath and threw his arms up like he
    usually does, and he got the call,” Diehl said. “You just keep fighting. We ran
    a quarter-and-a-half of 2-minute drill and one-on-one pass rushes up against an
    All-Pro. He’s going to make a play. On that one, he did.”

After Diehl’s penalty, which followed a replay reversal of a touchdown by
    D.J. Ware, Manning was sacked on the next play by Ryan Kerrigan, who beat right
    tackle Kareem McKenzie, to end any comeback hopes.

The loss leaves the Giants needing to pick up a game on the Cowboys over the
    final two weeks of the season.

“We understand it’s about us taking care of our business,” Diehl said. “We
    can’t sit here and say we coulda, woulda, shoulda. We need to win these next two
    games, hands down, and we know how important this one against the Jets is this
    Saturday.” Read more...

GIANTS' ROOKIE PRINCE AMUKAMARA STRUGGLES IN LOSS TO REDSKINS

Excerpt: "The past few weeks have been a blur, to say the least, for Prince Amukamara.

After not having the luxury of offseason workouts with his team because of
    the lockout, missing the entire preseason and the first nine games of the
    regular season with a broken foot, the rookie cornerback was dropped into the
    heat of a playoff race five weeks ago. And as a first-round pick on a team
    decimated by injuries in the secondary, expectations were high regardless of the
    circumstances.

It’s safe to say, especially after his performance in the Giants’ 23-10 loss to the Washington
    Redskins, that he hasn’t played up to his and the team’s expectations.

Sunday, Amukamara was targeted early and often by Redskins quarterback Rex
    Grossman, who found success exploiting the rookie. So much so that the coaching
    staff told Amukamara at halftime that “they were going with a different package”
    — effectively benching him.

“I will look at the tape, but it seemed like they threw the ball in that
    direction and we were not having a lot of success,” Coughlin said. “It wasn’t
    just him; it wasn’t just Prince.” Read more...

GIANTS STRUGGLE WITH SUN IN DEFLATING LOSS TO REDSKINS

Excerpt: "Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks had a step on Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall,
    and as he looked up at Eli Manning’s perfectly thrown pass, Nicks and the rest
    of the stadium figured it would be another long touchdown in a lengthy list of
    big gains for the Giants this
    season.

But Nicks had one last, distant obstacle Sunday. He saw the ball perfectly
    until it reached its peak, where he lost it in the sun for just a split second.
    That was enough to change the outcome of the play, and perhaps the game
    entirely.

The ball came in high down the middle of the field and Nicks, unable to
    adjust quickly enough, had the pigskin ricochet off his face mask. It was a rare
    drop for one of the league’s most reliable targets. And instead of a 7-3 Giants
    lead midway through the first quarter, the Giants were forced to punt after
    failing to convert on the third-and-6.

“The thing with those passes is you know the sun’s going to play a factor,”
    Nicks said after the Giants’ 23-10 loss at MetLife Stadium. “You just got to try
    to look through it. It was a situation that it was there then it disappeared for
    a slight second and then it came back and I had bad hand placement. My hands was
    low; the ball came high at my face mask. I reacted a little late.”

Not many times do you see a football game so affected by the sun — it’s far
    more common in baseball — but coach Tom Coughlin said receiver Victor Cruz also
    had trouble with the sun on the Giants’ next drive." Read more...

YOU GRADE 'EM: GIANTS VS. REDSKINS

GIANTS FALL FLAT IN LOPSIDED LOSS TO REDSKINS

"The Giants knew a loss to the last-place Redskins would be a costly setback
    in their attempt to secure a postseason berth. They just didn’t play like
    it.

Washington thoroughly dominated the Giants (7-7) in front of an astonished
    MetLife Stadium crowd, beating the hosts 23-10 and debilitating their playoff
    chances in the process. The victory also gave the Redskins (5-9) the season
    sweep.

Two of the Redskins’ first three drives began with Rex Grossman
    interceptions, but the Giants couldn’t take advantage with points after either
    turnover and the inability to score snowballed into the demoralizing loss.

On offense, Eli Manning didn’t complete a pass until his seventh attempt and
    Hakeem Nicks dropped three passes, two of which would’ve resulted in touchdowns.
    And after averaging 32 points per game in their last three contests, the Giants
    managed just ten points – seven of which came in garbage time at the end of the
    fourth quarter -- shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, drops and the
    inability to protect Manning in crucial situations.

Defensively, Jason Pierre-Paul was a bright spot once again, but confusion in
    the secondary continued and rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara was victimized on
    a few plays.

In all, it was a gloomy day for the Giants, who now need to win the last two
    games of the season in order to advance to the postseason."

NY DAILY NEWS

GIANTS TURN IN ANOTHER TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE AND JETS CAN HELP END THEIR SEASON ON CHRISTMAS EVE

Excerpt: "It
    was another disgraceful performance with so much at stake, which has been
    standard for Tom Coughlin’s Giants
    in December these last few years. They followed last week’s exhilarating victory
    in Dallas by not showing up Sunday against the Redskins, who had won just one
    game in the last two months.

If it’s not humiliating enough losing to Rex
    Grossman
    twice in one season, the Giants now face the ultimate indignity:
    The Jets can destroy what’s left of their season.

If the
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets beat them in the 1 p.m. game Saturday at MetLife Stadium
    — the Giants are the road team — and the Cowboys beat the Eagles in the 4:15
    p.m. game in Arlington, then the Giants are eliminated from the NFC East race.
    They already have been eliminated from the wild-card race, so this would make it
    three straight years with no playoffs, which should cost Coughlin his
    job.

Even with that dismal possibility, there is some good news for Big
    Blue: They still control their own destiny, not that they deserve it.

If
    they beat the Jets and then the Cowboys at home in the final game, they win the
    NFC East. Last year, the Giants didn’t make it as a wild card at 10-6. Now,
    after falling to 7-7 following the 23-10 loss to the Redskins, they can win the
    division at 9-7.

This battle of New York has turned into a game of
    survival after the Jets were crushed by the Eagles in Philadelphia. If the Jets
    lose to the Giants, it will put them in a precarious spot, but they would still
    be alive going into the final week." Read more...

##

GIANTS FALL TO REDSKINS AT HOMES, 23 - 10, ELI MANNING INTERCEPTED THREE TIMES

Excerpt: "REDSKINS
    23, GIANTS 10

There was a simple reason why the Giants fell
    flat on their faces in such a critical game and again pushed themselves to the
    brink of elimination. It came down to one thing, according to Antrel
    Rolle

And for emphasis, he pointed straight to his chest.

“If
    you don’t got it in the heart, I don’t know,” Rolle said. “Washington, they’re
    not a bad team at all. But we are 10 times better than what we showed out there
    on the field today.”

PHOTOS: GIANTS CRUSHED BY
    REDSKINS

Maybe the Giants are better, but it doesn’t matter
    after their heartless, 23-10 loss to the already-eliminated Redskins at the
    Meadowlands on Sunday afternoon. It was a “hurtful loss,” said Rolle, who also
    ripped into some of his teammates for sitting out practices during the week with
    minor injuries. Justin Tuck added that
    the loss left him “a little bit embarrassed.”

It also left the Giants
    (7-7) facing the possibility that they could be eliminated from playoff
    contention on Christmas Eve.

The Giants still control their destiny — if
    they win their final two games they are the NFC East champs — but after the
    stinker of an effort they gave against Washington (5-9) that hardly seems
    encouraging. Their offense self-destructed for its worst performance of the
    season. Eli Manning, who has
    been red-hot all year, threw three interceptions.

And while the Giants
    did pick off two Rex Grossman passes,
    they gave up 123 rushing yards and let the Redskins hold the ball for 35
    minutes. They felt they came out playing with fire and intensity, but by the
    time the Redskins took a 10-0 lead on a 20-yard pass from Grossman to Santana Moss early in
    the second quarter, they could sense it all slipping away.

“I’m very
    disappointed in how we played,” said Tom Coughlin. “I told
    the players that I just expected to see more. I expected to see quality, quality
    execution and really, quite frankly, we didn’t get much of that. We didn’t look
    like the team that played (in Dallas last) Sunday night.”

Added Tuck,
    “I’ve got a big knot in my stomach right now with how we just played.”

Corey Webster picked
    off Grossman on his flea-flicker pass on the first play of the game, but the
    Giants’ offense couldn’t get started. Manning (23-of-40, 257 yards) opened with
    a career-worst 0-for-6 start. Hakeem Nicks’ first of
    three dropped passes would’ve been a 54-yard touchdown (he said he lost the ball
    in the sun).

The Redskins’ 10-0 lead became 17-0 midway through the
    second quarter when fullback Darrel Young had a
    virtually uncontested 6-yard touchdown run up the middle. The Giants closed to
    within 17-3 at the half, but threw their momentum away when Manning was picked
    off by DeAngelo Hall on his
    first pass of the third quarter.

“We thought we could hit a few big
    plays,” Manning said. “That’s what it was going to take — a few big plays, some
    long touchdowns to spark our offense. They were there. We just didn’t capitalize
    on those.” Read more...

GIANTS SUFFER ENBARRASSING LOSS TO REDSKINS

Excerpt: "If the New York Giants miss the playoffs once again, they have only
    themselves and the Washington Redskins to blame.

Rex Grossman threw a touchdown pass and the Redskins put a major hurt on the
    Giants and their playoff hopes with a dominating 23-10 victory Sunday in a game
    in which New York showed little desire with much on the line.

"I'm very disappointed in how we played today," coach Tom Coughlin said after
    the Giants (7-7) fell a game behind Dallas (8-6) in the NFC East with two games
    left in the regular season.

"I accept responsibility for it. But I expected to see more - quality
    execution - and we didn't get that."

Surprisingly, Washington (5-9) looked very much like a playoff team in
    winning for only the second time in 10 games and embarrassing the Giants for the
    second time this season.

Grossman and the offense held the ball for 35 minutes, while the defense
    picked off Eli Manning three times and didn't allow a touchdown until the final
    minute.

"They had a lot at stake and obviously we didn't and I'm pleased the way we
    played," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said.

Coming off an emotional win over Dallas on Sunday night in a game that gave
    them control of their own destiny, the Giants showed nothing after a couple of
    early interceptions.

"I didn't see the passion in us today," running back Brandon Jacobs said. "We
    didn't play well. We disappointed each other and our fans, and we've just got to
    play better. I can't tell you why."

The Giants still control their destiny. If they beat the Jets and the Cowboys
    in their final two games, they will win the division.

The Cowboys play the Philadelphia Eagles next weekend and could wrap up the
    division if the Giants fall in their rivalry game with the Jets.

"I still have confidence," Giants defensive captain Justin Tuck said. "We
    laid an egg today, but I've seen us rebound from things like this a lot of
    times. There's no quit in our guys. This was kind of an eye-opener. We have to
    keep the intensity going the whole game, and we didn't maintain it today.

Washington never trailed in spoiling what the Giants hoped would be another
    step in their run to the playoffs. The Redskins took the crowd out of the game
    early, opening a 17-0 lead and they were never threatened.

Grossman threw a 20-yard scoring pass to Santana Moss, Darrel Young scored on
    a 6-yard run after one of the Redskins' interceptions and Graham Gano kicked
    three field goals.

Former Giant and current Redskins defensive tackle Barry Cofield enjoyed
    spoiling the party hopes of his former teammates.

"A party broke out for us. I'm proud of how we came out and played," Cofield
    said, adding Washington has played well in recent weeks.

This loss was the fifth in six games for the Giants, who are in danger of
    missing the playoffs for the third straight year.

The scenario has been the same each season. New York starts the season
    quickly and then falters down the stretch, playing some unbelievably bad games
    with the postseason on the line.

This season it has been another collapse after a stunning win over New
    England left them at 6-2. They lost four in a row and then last week seemed to
    grab command again by rallying in the fourth quarter to beat the Cowboys in
    Dallas.

Again, with the playoffs in their grasp, they came out flat against the
    Redskins, who had already been eliminated from playoff contention.

Even a couple of gift interceptions by Grossman in the first quarter didn't
    help.

Gano gave Washington the lead on its second series with a 36-yard field goal
    that was set up in part by a 19-yard pass from Donte' Stallworth on a
    third-and-12 from the Giants 39.

Grossman, who finished 15 of 24 for 185 yards, pushed the lead to 10-0 early
    in the second quarter with his TD pass to a wide-open Moss on
    third-and-8." Read more...

NY POST

GIANTS' ROLLE WON'T SAY HOW MANY OUT OF 100 GIANTS WOULD BEAT JETS

"Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman went on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday and
    admitted that the harsh comments by Giants safety Antrel Rolle made Washington
    feel “disrespected.’’

Grossman said coach Mike Shanahan played up the quotes all week to stoke the
    fires of a team that came into MetLife Stadium with a record of 4-9 and losers
    of eight of their prior nine games.

Following a season-opening loss to the Redskins, Rolle said the Giants would
    beat the Redskins 95 out of 100 times. Asked last week to clarify that remark,
    Rolle said the Giants would beat the Redskins 99 out of 100 times.

Grossman, the day after the Redskins swept the two-game season series with a
    23-10 victory, said, “I’m not going to a casino with [Rolle] any time
    soon.’’

Rolle, informed that the Redskins used his words at motivation, said, “As
    well as they should be,’’ during his weekly radio spot on WFAN, which was moved
    up to Monday morning.

“I love competition to the most elite level; the Redskins were the better
    team than the Giants for the 2011 season,” Rolle said. “That’s not going to take
    away anything in what I feel. Words mean nothing, actions definitely speak
    louder than words, and they were the better team in 2011.’’

Asked if he wished he could go back on his pregame comments, Rolle said, “No,
    I don’t go back on anything I say. If it makes them step up and fight harder
    than you know what, we need to step up and need to fight harder.’’

With the Jets up next for the Giants in what amounts to almost as a
    playoffs-or-bust game for both teams, Rolle was asked how many times out of 100
    would the Giants beat the Jets.

Rolle actually chuckled at that one.

“I really think I’m done answering that question.’’ Rolle said. “Washington
    made me put my foot in my mouth in that question. I think I still have it in
    there.’’

Rolle attempted to clear up comments he made immediately after the game that
    players
    with nicks and bruises need to fight through and get on the practice field
    Rolle made sure not to single anyone out but some reports linked Rolle’s words
    to Justin Tuck and/or Ahmad Bradshaw, who both missed practice time during the
    week leading up to Redskins game.

“First of all my comments weren’t directed to anyone in particular,’’ Rolle
    said. “I know the media as always is trying to pinpoint one of my guys, Justin
    Tuck. When I said what I said I didn’t pinpoint anybody’s name. My point was if
    we’re going to make the run we need to make we need to have everyone on board.
    If it’s nicks or bruises we have to learn how to push through it. I’m not saying
    that from a physical aspect, I’m saying that from a mental aspect. If you can
    push yourself doing little things like that then you can push yourself through
    other things. Legitimate injuries are legitimate injuries. I’m not saying be
    Superman. I’m saying if you can give us a little bit more, give us a little bit
    more.’’

Rolle, called out for missing a tackle on Donte’ Stallworth on third-and-17
    that went for 16 yards, took responsibility for the miscue but did not agree it
    was a turning point in the game. The Redskins would convert the fourth-and-1 and
    score a touchdown for a 10-0 lead,

“It was a missed tackle, I definitely should have made the tackle and get ‘em
    off the field,’’ Rolle said. “It was a big play, it allowed them to get in a
    situation we could have definitely prevented. I should have done better on that
    play. I tried to wrap him up and make the tackle, for whatever reason I wasn’t
    able to wrap him up. That’s 100 percent on me.

“Throughout the game there’s gonna be plays that are happening. I’m not
    saying that there wasn’t a momentum change, I’m not saying there was. It’s a
    first down. It wasn’t a touchdown, it wasn’t a game-breaker. It was a play, I
    should have made it, without a doubt, he actually didn’t get the first down, we
    still could have stopped then on fourth-and-1, so I’m not going to sit here and
    let you make me think that was a momentum-changer in the game or a game-changing
    play because it wasn’t and I don’t care who had something to say about it. I
    take full accountability for what I should have done, I always do. But it’s not
    as big as you’re making it out to be.’’

As far as the struggles of rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara, who was
    benched in the second half and talked to on the sideline by Rolle and Deon
    Grant, Rolle said, “He’s a young guy, he’s gonna have his ups and downs. We just
    try to tell make sure he stays in the game. Prince is an outstanding player,
    he’s an outstanding person. He had a rough game yesterday, we all were aware of
    that. He has to stay in it, he has to keep his head in it because we need him.
    We were just letting him know we need you, we’re going to continue to fight with
    you.’’

KIWANUKA RESPONDS: GIANTS ARE BETTER THAN JETS

Excerpt: "Rex Ryan said he knows the Jets are better than the Giants. Mathias Kiwanuka
    does not agree.

“I mean, I know we’re the better team,’’ the Giants defensive lineman said
    Monday. “We just have to go out there and prove it.’’

Proving they are better than anyone has lately been a problem for the Giants,
    who have lost five of their past six games to fall to 7-7. Despite a dreadful
    23-10 loss to the Redskins, the Giants are the NFC East champions if they win
    their last two games; the first one comes Saturday against the Jets.

Ryan, with the Jets coming off getting routed by the Eagles, said there
    is no way the Giants can be considered the better team
    because the Jets have
    been to the AFC title game the past two seasons and the Giants haven’t even been
    in the playoffs.

“The beautiful thing about it is we’re going to find out real soon,’’
    Kiwanuka said. “I’m not worried about anything anybody says, especially somebody
    that’s not going to have pads on.’’

With that, Pat Hanlon, the Giants senior vice president of communications,
    spoke up on the conference call:

“That’s not padding?’’ Hanlon said before adding, “It’s a joke, gang.’’

Predictably, Eli Manning did not engage in any banter about which team owns
    New York.

“I’m not going to pay attention to it; my focus is on getting ready for their
    defense, getting ready for this game,’’ Manning said. “You hear little bits and
    pieces about it but I’m not going to go and read the paper to get every quote
    that Rex Ryan is saying and take it to heart. I’m sure some guys will respond to
    it but it’s not gonna be me.’’

It’s not gonna be Tom Coughlin, either. Informed that Ryan fired the first
    salvo, Coughlin didn’t exactly shoot back.

"I don’t usually get involved in the rhetoric part of the thing,’’ he
    said."

##

GIANTS LOSE TO REDSKINS, CAN STILL MAKE PLAYOFFS

Excerpt: "The Giants yesterday finally avoided playing a close game that took them down
    to the frantic closing seconds.

They ditched the late dramatics in a startlingly effective way: They barely
    played at all.

“I can’t say it any more bluntly,’’ a subdued Tom Coughlin said after the
    carnage. “I expected more.’’

He could not have gotten less.

UPDATES FROM
    OUR GIANTS BLOG

BOX SCORE

PHOTOS: REDSKINS BEAT GIANTS, 23-10

Beaten on the ground, in the air, early, often and on first, second and third
    downs by the going-nowhere Redskins, the Giants yesterday spread some holiday
    jeer to their groaning and increasingly underwhelmed fans. They displayed many
    of their trademark defensive lapses and added in a new wrinkle of shoddy play by
    Eli Manning and his receivers, a combination that led to a desultory and numbing
    23-10 loss that was never close but actually does not kill off their playoff
    aspirations.

“We looked like the four-win team out there today, rather than the
    Redskins,’’ defensive tackle Chris Canty said. “It’s embarrassing. I’m
    embarrassed.’’

This was beyond embarrassing. Manning threw three interceptions and the
    defense for the second time this season made Rex Grossman look like a winner.
    The Giants trailed 17-0 in the second quarter, 17-3 at halftime, 23-3 in the
    fourth quarter and did not get their first and only touchdown until 33 seconds
    remained, with the empty gray seats at deserted MetLife Stadium serving as
    witnesses to this football crime.

“I’ve got as big knot in my stomach for the way we just played,’’ Justin Tuck
    said.

As sick as they looked, their postseason chances did not expire. The Giants
    (7-7), losers of five of their last six games, are now one full game behind the
    Cowboys (8-6) but still have control of their playoff destiny. On Christmas Eve,
    they can be eliminated from playoff contention if they lose to the Jets and the
    Cowboys beat the Eagles. That would create a two-game gap and make the
    Giants-Cowboys regular-season finale on New Year’s Day meaningless.

But despite not at all looking like a playoff team, the Giants will be one if
    they win their last two games. If they win out, they will be 9-7 and the NFC
    East champs, because they would will have beaten the Cowboys twice. The
    possibility remains for a three-team gridlock with the Giants, Cowboys and
    Eagles all owning records of 8-8, the Eagles will win the tie-breakers and the
    Dream Team will move on.

The loss, though, did eliminate the Giants from the wild-card
    picture." Read more...

GIANTS' PLAYOFF PICTURE

"Though Eli Manning and the Giants were pounded yesterday, they still control
    their playoff destiny. But their loss kept the Eagles alive. Here's a look at
    the NFC East playoff picture:

* The Cowboys would clinch the division next week with a win over the Eagles
    and a Giants loss to the Jets.

* The Giants would win the East by winning their last two games.

* The Eagles would win the division with a three-way tie at
    8-8."

GIANTS' REPORT CARD

"OFFENSE (F)

A 60-minute dud, led by Eli Manning (three interceptions) in his worst outing
    of the season. Especially brutal on third down and in the red zone. Huge early
    drop by Hakeem Nicks on what should have been 54-yard TD. Drops by Victor Cruz
    and Jake Ballard as well. Manning was sacked three times and hurried too often.

DEFENSE (D)

First-quarter interceptions by Corey Webster and Kenny Phillips but many of
    the same familiar coverage gaffes, led by tentative rookie CB Prince Amukamara,
    who was eventually benched. Lousiest work on third down, as ’Skins amassed 35
    minutes in time of possession. Jason Pierre-Paul (16 tackles, one sack) can’t do
    it alone.

SPECIAL TEAMS (B)

Lawrence Tynes hit a 40-yard field goal but missed 44-yarder was deflating.
    Devin Thomas again failed to prevent punt from going into end zone and later
    left with neck injury. No issues on coverage and decent returns from Da’Rel
    Scott and Jerrel Jernigan.

COACHING (D)

Tom Coughlin offered no explanation and really no answers. These late-season
    flops are too frequent and increasingly troubling. He’s on a replay challenge
    losing streak. Perry Fewell’s secondary continues to look confused at times and
    got pushed around too often. Bad combination."

HOLIDAY JEERS FOR GIANTS

Excerpt: "If this is the shameful way these Giants decide to play football down the
    stretch, if yesterday was a reflection of how much they care, then they do not
    deserve to be in the playoffs.

If this is the clueless, heartless, uninspired product the Giants give their
    12th Man, if the 11 men on the field with their season on the line make the
    Redskins resemble the best of the Joe Gibbs Era, then Santa should feel
    compelled to slide down Tom Coughlin’s chimney with a pink slip should Rex Ryan
    and the Jets embarrass them on Christmas Eve and the Cowboys finish them on New
    Year’s Day, if they’re not finished already by then.

If the Giants are lucky, the Jets team that spit the bit yesterday in
    Philadelphia will show up to host them.

If the Jets are lucky, the Giants team that again disgraced the uniform will
    show up at MetLifeandDeath Stadium.

So now The Battle For New York becomes a battle for both seasons.

“It’s huge, obviously. ... We still want to accomplish our goal, which is
    winning a Super Bowl, and now we have to win this game to get there,” Mathias
    Kiwanuka said.

Slay bells ring, are you listening Tom Coughlin?

Gone away is the bluebird. . .here to stay is the boobird. . .walking in a
    winter blunderland.

“The Jets-Giants rivalry as far as who owns New York or whatever it may be?”
    Justin Tuck said. “ It’s gonna be a lot of emotions flying in that football
    game, and as hard as it is for me to put this game behind us ’cause I know we
    just let another one slip away, that’s exactly what we gotta do.”

With so much to play for, the Giants again left their infuriated fans with so
    much to pray for.

“We didn’t play hard,” Brandon Jacobs said, “and they wanted it more.”

If you didn’t know better, you would have thought the Giants looked past the
    Redskins and ahead to the Jets.

Of course, later on, you might have thought the Jets looked past the Eagles
    and ahead to the Giants.

The Giants’ 23-10 loss to the Redskins was unacceptable, unconscionable,
    unbecoming of any and all Giants teams and, with apologies to Tim Tebow,
    ungodly.

“If you don’t got it in the heart. . .I don’t know,” Antrel Rolle said.

If the Cowboys beat the Eagles and the Giants lose to the Jets, it’s
    over.

If the Giants don’t beat the Jets and Cowboys, it’s over.

If the Cowboys beat the Eagles and the schizophrenic Giants rise up to beat
    the Jets and then lose to the Cowboys, same deal.

“Sometimes we go out there and we have a sense of urgency and we come to play
    football, sometimes we go out there and just take the field,” Rolle said.

Frauds do that.

“We just didn’t have enough fight throughout the entire game,” Rolle
    said.

Inexcusable.

Coughlin’s Giants still haven’t proven they know how to finish.

But they sure have mastered the art of the second-half collapse.

“The responsibility always comes right back to me, and I accept it,” Coughlin
    said.

Even Eli Manning (three interceptions) caught whatever disease has spread
    through the rest of the team, so much so he was outplayed by Rex Grossman (only
    two INTs), thanks in part to a pair of touchdown drops by Hakeem Nicks.

“They had a good plan defensively. . .some things that we were expecting, we
    didn’t get,” Manning said.

In other words: outplayed and outcoached." Read more...

ROLLE CALLS OUT TEAMMATES FOR NOT PRACTICING

"The Giants lost a game in pathetic fashion on Sunday. It seems as if Antrel
    Rolle
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: NEWS, NOTES, RUMORS, AND GOSSIP: BLUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2011 - 11:25 A.M.

wow...almost 200 views and not one ****ing thank you for Ro????

come you bozo's......are wetaking a que from the team?? Step up and thank the man who had to put all this ****ty informaiton together when he probably didnt even want to look at a paper today...

Thanks Ro......you could have saved time and just put up in the biggest font you could find:

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Re: NEWS, NOTES, RUMORS, AND GOSSIP: BLUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2011 - 11:25 A.M.

[quote user="GameTime"]

come you bozo's......are wetaking a que from the team?? Step up and thank the man who had to put all this ****ty informaiton together when he probably didnt even want to look at a paper today...

Thanks Ro......you could have saved time and just put up in the biggest font you could find:

[/quote]

thanks Roanoke! [B]

yea, SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

wow now up to almost 300 views.....and only two thank you's

you guys suck at appreciation.......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Just need to win the next 2 and they're in...

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Just need to win the next 2 and they're in...[/quote]

Let's not say "just" []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

LMAO It would have saved a box of tissues []

Talk about nothing but bad news!

Veteran

Best source of Giants information on the net is right here.

Great job putting that together. Second to none with that effort.

Thanks

Thanks Ro.

In all of this, I feel bad for Eli. Hell of a season for him. (except sunday of course)

[quote user="nihan87"]

Thanks Ro.

In all of this, I feel bad for Eli. Hell of a season for him. (except sunday of course)

[/quote]

Time to regroup and take on the jets