+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Move the game to Pittsburgh!

There are two million people without power in the area still and near gas riots. People don't need to go fill up to go to a game right now. This is going to reverberate badly for having played on Sunday under these surrounding conditions.

The marathon is going to take the brunt of protest or worse. This is bad, bad timing and senseless right now to play here.

BTW, Francesa is on fire right now on the marathon: "This is the worst decision he can make." Francesa commenting on the Mayor's decision on keeping the marathon.

The Giants will take enormous heat and embarrassment for having played this game in NJ if they go forward.

Earlier in the week, it might have made sense to keep the game on, under an assumption that things would get back to normal sooner. They haven't. And I don't even live in the swath.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 11-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.

I disagree. Plus gas is on the way.

I'm confused as to what difference it makes for the game to be played else where. How does that make it any different? So gas isn't used to go to the stadium. Maybe these folks want to be able to escape the madness and enjoy some normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I disagree. Plus gas is on the way.
    It's just a game and in poor taste to require fans to go to a gas station to potentially wait four hours to get gas to make an unnecessary trip. What if something happens to a fan while waiting in line? Why should someone who desperately needs gas for a generator to help keep their family alive or safe or even warm have to wait longer or risk not getting gas so some of it can be taken for a fan to go to a ballgame?

There's no telling when gas will arrive in plentiful supply, nor whether sufficient gas stations will have power to pump it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I'm confused as to what difference it makes for the game to be played else where. How does that make it any different? So gas isn't used to go to the stadium. Maybe these folks want to be able to escape the madness and enjoy some normalcy.
    Maybe, if these fans actually have power at home right now they can escape the madness by watching on their flat screen. We're talking about holding an event which has repercussions now way beyond football.

If they don't want/can't go to the game..they don't have to go.
    Nobody is forcing them.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    There are two million people without power in the area still and near gas riots. People don't need to go fill up to go to a game right now. This is going to reverberate badly for having played on Sunday under these surrounding conditions.

The marathon is going to take the brunt of protest or worse. This is bad, bad timing and senseless right now to play here.

BTW, Francesa is on fire right now on the marathon: "This is the worst decision he can make." Francesa commenting on the Mayor's decision on keeping the marathon.

The Giants will take enormous heat and embarrassment for having played this game in NJ if they go forward.

Earlier in the week, it might have made sense to keep the game on, under an assumption that things would get back to normal sooner. They haven't. And I don't even live in the swath.
    Easier said than done. What do you do about the people who have tickets, season and otherwise, who can't go to Pittsburgh? What do you do with all of the food already on hand? Gasoline shortages will ease up. Three of the five refineries in NJ are back on line. Executive orders have been issued in NY and NJ to relax and/or eliminate fees and permit out of state deliveries into NJ.

They best they could do is cancel the game at this point and then you'd have an issue as to making it u[. Both teams do not have the same bye week so that won't work.

Going to the game is a choice, not a command
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It's just a game and in poor taste to require fans to go to a gas station to potentially wait four hours to get gas to make an unnecessary trip. What if something happens to a fan while waiting in line? Why should someone who desperately needs gas for a generator to help keep their family alive or safe or even warm have to wait longer or risk not getting gas so some of it can be taken for a fan to go to a ballgame?

There's no telling when gas will arrive in plentiful supply, nor whether sufficient gas stations will have power to pump it.
    I'm going to back out of this discussion because I don't live there. I have my opinion but I will keep it to myself.

That's got nothing to do with the team. If fans can't go, they can't go.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Easier said than done. What do you do about the people who have tickets, season and otherwise, who can't go to Pittsburgh? What do you do with all of the food already on hand? Gasoline shortages will ease up. Three of the five refineries in NJ are back on line. Executive orders have been issued in NY and NJ to relax and/or eliminate fees and permit out of state deliveries into NJ.

They best they could do is cancel the game at this point and then you'd have an issue as to making it u[. Both teams do not have the same bye week so that won't work.

Going to the game is a choice, not a command
    I have no idea what the last comment means. From the Giant point of view, enticing people to come inherently means some responsibility for what happens to them when it might be common sense to understand that it will likely enhance some hardships already being experienced.

And what? Hot dogs are already cooked? P-izza is already made? Beer is already poured?

I'm telling you, this will not go well for playing this game here on Sunday. It can be moved. People can be refunded tickets easily enough. Tickets valid for scanning at the gate are valid for refunding and for the bulk season tickets, the adjustment is easy.

Your arguments are weak and lack a sense of proportion for what is happening within a few miles around the stadium.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 11-02-2012 at 02:05 PM.