+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3TFO: Steelers @ Giants

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...giants-week-9/

During last week’s Giants-Cowboys game, I heard Troy Aikman applaud the Giants’ offensive line for surrendering only six sacks this season. After we at PFF frequently documented the ineptitude of New York’s front line last season, should we now join Aikman in praising them for their improvement? Not quite. Though only five teams have allowed fewer sacks this season than the Giants, only three have allowed more QB pressures. If we are going to applaud anyone for New York’s low sack-total, it should be Eli Manning and his ability to get rid of the ball in the face of frequent pressure. Whereas last season the Giants’ tackles were the problem, William Beatty and Sean Locklear have been a marked improvement over David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie. Instead, it’s the inside of the Giants’ line that is leaking pressure. Chris Snee and Kevin Boothe are both in the bottom-half of NFL guards in Pass Block Efficiency. However, their performance isn’t as bad as David Baas, whose 15 QB pressures allowed leads all centers.

In years past, a weak interior line would be a death knell for a team playing the Steelers. Not so this season. Through the first eight weeks, Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel, and Ziggy Hood have been the hands-down worst 3-4 defensive line in the league. In 359 combined run snaps, they have just 12 defensive stops. In 499 combined pass rushes, they’ve pressured the quarterback just 13 times. Facing Baas, Boothe and Snee could be this beleaguered trio’s chance to excel, but nothing they’ve done this season indicates that they’ll do so.

Wow. Thanks for posting. Baas still sucks, just like last year. I think Boothe should slide to center and we should have Diehl play LG. Snee at RG. Beatty and Locklear at the ends. I think that is our best Oline.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Wow. Thanks for posting. Baas still sucks, just like last year. I think Boothe should slide to center and we should have Diehl play LG. Snee at RG. Beatty and Locklear at the ends. I think that is our best Oline.
    Remember, we tried Diehl at LG last year when Beatty was healthy at the beginning of the season and he actually performed worse as a G than a T. I think the fact he is only around 300 to 305lbs doesn't help with interior blocking. Honestly, I don't think there's an answer for our interior OL problems on this roster.

Hell, get Petrus and Cordle in there for a shot. Wouldn't hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistanihan View Post
    Hell, get Petrus and Cordle in there for a shot. Wouldn't hurt...
    can't do that.....they haven't been here for TC's 13 year minimum requisite to be a starter.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Veteran
    They need to draft a stud interior OL next year. Reese can't possibly continue to put it off.

Quote Originally Posted by talbot View Post
    They need to draft a stud interior OL next year. Reese can't possibly continue to put it off.
    I have some faith that in the next draft, we could do just that with http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...chance-warmack

He has the necessary athleticism we covet in 1st round picks and would be an instant plug in player.

I think Baas and Diehl just suck. Not to mention how overrated Chris Snee is, my god you would think hes a saint reading this board.

Aikman was killing me last game. He even trashed prince for being inconsistant this season. Aikman has absolutely no idea what is going on. too many concussions.

Pitt's WRs vs. our corners should be an interesting matchup. I'd put Prince on Wallace and Webster on Brown. Wallace has blazing speed and Webster has looked slow reacting this year. And the thing about our line, I'm surprised that Boothe is ranked that low. The ratings on Beatty and Locklear as well as Baas and Snee make sense though.